[DEATHSTAR SIZED SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens Megathread

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
One thing I don't understand is why Captain Phasma was introduced and then dropped like a ton of bricks.
Like, she sounds and looks like a badass, but like Boba Fett in Empire Strikes Back, she doesn't do fucking anything.
I hope the next two movies make up for her hype.

SC PL

local shitposter
aa
Jun 25, 2015
Well, I'll probably never watch Star Wars, so I'm reading these spoilers with big curiosity

c9a2d9180a85f4b1189633bf5e310b97.gif

Hotel Detective

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 10, 2014
  • Finn's defection was moving and all but seemed very quick indeed. Dude goes from "unwilling to kill" to "willing to murder a bay full of stormtroopers" in about thirty seconds.
He went from unwilling to kill innocent people to killing people trying to murder him that he knows will continue to be after him for his treason.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
The thing that gets me is how fast he had to have gotten back to the rebel base, seeing as he recuperated enough to hop into an X-Wing to go get BB-8 at Maz's place.
But I guess he didn't get held up by Han and Chewie and stuff.

Apparently, Poe was supposed to die during the scene where he and finn crash. The writers wanted him back though, so they brought him back just out of the blue.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I've never been a huge SW fan but I finally saw this today and it was pretty good. The only thing that annoyed me was the scene where they destroy the planet-that-is-definitely-not-a-death-star. That whole concept just felt a bit lazy and I wish they did something more original.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Yeah, my wife and I watched episode VI as a recap the night before seeing it and it was the same general plan. Go to surface, disable shields, attack weak point, blow up big planet smasher thing.

Harnessing the star's energy was a neat twist though.

Shogun

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 31, 2014
I finally saw TFA, and it was amazing. There are lots of little nitpicks I have about it, of course, but the one major thing that suck out to me was ending shot. Seriously, what the hell was that? It looked like it was shot on a GoPro attached to drone, and it added nothing to the movie whatsoever. Honestly, it looked like a clip you'd see in those "The Making Of" extra features on DVDs where they get a large shot of the set during the production of the movie. I have no idea why that was kept in the movie.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
One thing I don't understand is why Captain Phasma was introduced and then dropped like a ton of bricks.
Like, she sounds and looks like a badass, but like Boba Fett in Empire Strikes Back, she doesn't do fucking anything.
I hope the next two movies make up for her hype.

I was more surprised she was willing to lower the shields and not sacrifice herself.

I feel as though if she was developed more however, it would've been too many characters

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
I finally saw TFA, and it was amazing. There are lots of little nitpicks I have about it, of course, but the one major thing that suck out to me was ending shot. Seriously, what the hell was that? It looked like it was shot on a GoPro attached to drone, and it added nothing to the movie whatsoever. Honestly, it looked like a clip you'd see in those "The Making Of" extra features on DVDs where they get a large shot of the set during the production of the movie. I have no idea why that was kept in the movie.

I don't think you understand the purpose of the shot. Luke had defeated the empire, had restored balance to the force and now it was his duty to rebuild the jedi order. All of this on him. And it worked for a time until the shadow of the dark side destroyed everything and evil returned. He ran. Rey handing him back his old lightsaber is not only returning an item, but it's to take up the jedi mantle again and to accept the fight. To risk being hurt again. The shot is supposed to show his conflict. How he wants to distance himself but cannot escape what he must do. And what he must do, is be a jedi.