Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Terwonick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 25, 2010
Personally, I think they should add client-side "tracer rounds" for your shots in casual mode - so basically, you can see the recoil pattern of your gun and where your bullets went, but no one else can (beyond how bullets appear normally).

Because let's face it, that's basically the number one thing you need to learn, that's specific to CS. Doesn't matter what gun you have, if you spray the fuck out of it, you're going to become a lead sandwich.

I'd actually go for this, a extra option perhaps?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I have to say i'm really not that excited about this. I can't see how it'd be an improvement in anyway other than aesthetically to CSS. Maybe the weapons have changed, but they'll still essentially have the same gameplay dynamics; and if they don't, then it's not really CS:GO, it's CSS trying to be BF or CoD or any other realistic shooter.

Though the one improvement i could think of is if they make body armour worth a damn. Everytime i played it, you never really lost more than 15-30% of your armour before you were dead, even from non-headshot kills.

At best it'll have new maps...

AngryAngus

L3: Member
Jul 20, 2011
There never really was any to begin with technically... it was all closed, no public ones were released.
Actually alot of streams were handing out keys once they hit a certain number. Still its not overly public.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
I have to say i'm really not that excited about this. I can't see how it'd be an improvement in anyway other than aesthetically to CSS. Maybe the weapons have changed, but they'll still essentially have the same gameplay dynamics; and if they don't, then it's not really CS:GO, it's CSS trying to be BF or CoD or any other realistic shooter.

Though the one improvement i could think of is if they make body armour worth a damn. Everytime i played it, you never really lost more than 15-30% of your armour before you were dead, even from non-headshot kills.

At best it'll have new maps...

What I think is the real draw is that it'll be hitting a reset button on the CS community. You can't just start up a new server out of nowhere and get people playing, or seriously be making maps for CS: Source these days, because there's no excitement whatsoever in the community. Most servers are bullshit gungame or some other garbage, not just playing actual rotations.

I don't even care what the new weapons or tweaks are, I just want to be able to enjoy CS with people again.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Well it's not like nobody plays Counter Strike, it's the single most played action game in the world. But i do realise that more people still play CS than CSS. Probably because of the higher skill curve because of unresolved exploits like bunny hopping, fast weapon switching and other old school glitchy gun mechanics.

I guess we'll find out who's ready for a new CS when it comes out cause CSS didn't exactly replace CS and CSCZ certainly didn't make any improvements to the community like it was supposed to.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Bumping to ask about something. Somebody casually mentioned something in, I think, TF2's mic chat about Global Offensive having a new lighting system? What's the deal with that exactly?

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Oh great. Looks like I'm not getting this on PC then.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Seems like a strange game to be using to introduce that technology — a simple multiplayer game with no destructible environments, large moving props, or day/night cycles.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Double-post: Awwwyeah guess who just got two beta passes. That survey I filled out paid off. Now to see what all the fuss is about and whether I can pawn off the extra for — I mean, if my cousin wants it.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
So I've been looking it over. From the looks of things, it still uses lightmaps (or something that looks very much like them) as a base, but skyboxes now generate high-resolution real-time light projections similar to the dynamic lights in Portal 2, including player shadows. Also, these shadows scale in detail based on distance, so a higher-res shadow will "pop" in when you get close.

Pr0_gurl_X0XO

L1: Registered
Mar 31, 2012
I tryd counter-strike: GO. It suuucked

u dont have good gun. i want AWP but i cant get and hav to play with crappy pistoools when meanie peple have AK's and AWPS. :confused:

i can't ironsight so my aim suuuuuucks :thumbdown:

its a bad game. I uninstalled it

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Is there any way to just fly around the maps without bots playing? I'd like to just look at the pretty layouts and textures without distractions. For, uh, research.