Copperhead

CP copperhead b2e

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=4500

New version out, this has all of the stages put together + minor changes i did. It's named differently because I did not want some people to have a "your map differs from the server" error since this is a revival of an old map

SO DONT BE ACTING LIKE THE MAP IS WEARIN SOCKS N SANDALS

edit: updated with fixed version

Last edited:

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
so far what i've gotten is

2-1 seems easy for blu
3-1 plays weird
the other stages have all played wildly differently and i can't make a solid conclusion off of them

3-1 ends up with red only being on 1 half of the map like dustbowl has it, gonna try to do something about that.

Also, if anyone has an idea of how to handle the timer, please give me ideas. I don't like how in dustbowl when a team rolls they get 1000 minutes. I'm thinking of putting the cap at 10 minutes

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
(blablacombobreakerthings)

Lol super is on a streak of 10 posts of himself after eachother!

I would give you feedback but I have yet to play your map and it seems that it only gets tested when I'm sleeping. :/

Moose

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cafe test was fun! I've been thinking about every stage, and overall I love second and third most. I feel like second gives attackers and defenders really fun routes, and in general it seemed balanced. My only issue is the occasional stalemate on 2-2, but I can't find any reason in particular for it to be difficult to attack. Doesn't seem like much of an issue though, really.

Third stage played well, both points felt defendable but ended up being taken over after a nice offense. Although I feel like the main route between 3-1 and 3-2 could use another pathway leading around it with some height difference, feels a little cramped there. Also, the final point is a little bit akward to defend because of the way the room is set up.

Stage one I don't like. Both of the points feel really wide and don't really give defenders many options. I appreciate that it's easy to win, but I feel like red is just getting owned the entire time. You could probably just change the geometry directly around the points to make red a little more fun.

If there's any other issue the map has, it's probably flow. On stages one and two especially, I felt like there was a lot of running around randomly looking for an enemy to kill, instead of focusing on the point. (to clarify, points 1-1 and 2-2 seem this way to me.) Stage three felt pretty good, although as red that vent leading to the final point was really distracting.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
hey dunkass copperhead is a type of snake before anything else

there gonna be snakes in your map

better fuckin be

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
Might aswell show you guys progress on the detailing, just a look at what the style is going to be. Haven't really worked on the exteriors of buildings at all

cp_copperhead_preb10008.jpg

cp_copperhead_preb10009.jpg

cp_copperhead_preb10010.jpg

cp_copperhead_preb10011.jpg

I haven't bothered to fix the light leaking yet, try to ignore it

cp_copperhead_preb10012.jpg

My personal favorite interior so far, it's that onewaydoorpath between 1-1 and 1-2

WOOPS FORGOT TO MAKE THAT RAMP STAIRS
cp_copperhead_preb10013.jpg

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
<3 last screenshot :D

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Looks gorgeous, but that vertical metal in the rafters in the last screenshot is odd.

Also, the hills look like they're overflowing mountains of fat; I can't tell if that's a good thing or not.