Converge

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
I think it stems from the fact that Converge has invade ctf, a gamemode you don't see every day. I assume the feeling was that if you're planting something inside the enemy's base, shouldn't it explode, hack all computers, or make the lights go out?

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I think it stems from the fact that Converge has invade ctf, a gamemode you don't see every day. I assume the feeling was that if you're planting something inside the enemy's base, shouldn't it explode, hack all computers, or make the lights go out?

Using the Ghost of Zephaniah Mann as an intel seems a bit odd.

Dr Forrester

L2: Junior Member
Aug 15, 2008
I think it was less the gamemode and more that there was a dynamic effect that occurred every time there was a cap. Even something as simple as the light on the computer going out and staying out, with maybe a spark or two, would be kind of a neat finish for what was a pretty cool effect.

Well, maybe it did have something to do with the gamemode as well, but damnit, that's just too cool of an effect at cap to NOT do something neat with as a finisher. :D

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I didn't forget about this. Honest.

Beta 2 - 12th September
  • (Hopefully) fixed the sound bug
  • Added a hint pointing to the flag that appears when the round begins and everytime it's returned to the center
  • Various minor visual changes
  • Corrected the light_environment's angles
  • Added a collision model to the manneframe mode and also updated the texture
  • Lowered the upper floor in the intel room from 256 units to 192 units
  • Compiled with HDR lighting
  • Some other changes I made about 4 months ago that I can no longer remember making

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Woah, I didn't see this get updated!
Love that last line, because I can't remember changes to my maps either.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
256 units? 512? Not that it really matters, sometimes just that much can help. When we spoke about making it smaller i thought you meant on the other axis. >.>

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
This is the part where I yell at you for necroing but then cower away because you're Psy