Converge

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
You went a bit overkill on the details :p i don't know whether i'm supposed to be shooting enemies or having a picnic.

That's quite funny as I find that some of it is a bit bland to be honest but I did kind of lose perspective after detailing for 4 weeks on and off so I promise I'll try and restore the balance later on!

By the way, this version has the belated change to the middle which hugely cuts down the sight line into the lower route from the balconies. Apart from that, not much has changed.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Not a clue how to delete the last image but they're updated. Thanks for the reminder.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I just discovered the most awesome bug ever. Firing projectiles at the capture zone will cause it to block capturing! Fixing now...

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
Detailing scrutiny incoming.

ctf_converge_b10000.jpg

ctf_converge_b10001.jpg

Not having tile here bothers me. Feels inconsistent.

ctf_converge_b10002.jpg

Glass walls shouldn't be that low to the ground.

ctf_converge_b10003.jpg

Dev texture.

ctf_converge_b10006.jpg

This corridor feels out of place.

ctf_converge_b10004.jpg

Self explanatory.

ctf_converge_b10005.jpg

The wall up top is a different color than the wall down below, despite the fact that they are the same wall.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Thanks for the screenshots, Okrag. And DBP, do you mean the announcer sounds?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
You're right. It's another thing I forgot to do.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Decided to whip out the old and neglected graphics tablet to build upon the base texture for my manneframe model. I based the colour scheme and painting style on the Nucleus props and it took a while to get the hang of it but, whilst it might be overdetailed, I'm quite chuffed with it.

manneframe_render.jpg

And for those who are interested here are links to the old and new texture.

Feb 14, 2008
Gah. Brush strokes on that texture. Me no like. You're not Charm City Cakes making an R2D2 cake.

What and Valve model textures aren't littered with brush strokes?

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
What and Valve model textures aren't littered with brush strokes?

Most of them are but this is too brushstrokey. I thought it was 2d concept art when I first saw it. Not to mention that Valve model textures mostly use square brushes.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I think it's actually on par with, if not better than, most Valve models.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Valve uses much more realistic brush textures for TF2 which gives their textures a painterly effect as opposed to a "hurp-a-durp I shopped this in my lunchbrake" kind of look. They also tend to use much broader strokes.

That said I think this texture looks OK. The strokes are so small that they're not really noticeable, especially if you're actually playing as opposed to humping the prop in game.