Nov 15, 2009
I'll will try this :)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
so if I've got this dev textured map:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=10076

can I detail an area out of it for the contest?
no
  • You may not rip any other map (Valve, custom, or even your own) this should be original.

Im in! Lets hope that I can make this a really good first :D
EDIT: Could one use the Swamp pack? I assume no, because of the swamp contest, buy ya never know :D
No unless you made the content that you're using.

I do have a question about static props though - are they allowed to stick outside the 2048x2048 bounds a little? For example, the waterfall sticking outside of the bounds?
That is fine

Can we submit more than one screenshot?
no

I know it's not about the prizes, etc.. But I'm curious to see what these Keychains and TC's are? Haven't seen them in the Valve store - anybody got some pics?
They are exclusive items, They're not in the valve store and you can't buy them anywhere. They are official merch given to us by valve for these purposes. I'll pester DP for some images of them.
I must clarify. The winner should be decided upon when taking only DETAIL into consideration, correct? So if it'd obviously never work in a real map, it does not matter since it's a detail contest?

Also, does it have to be 2048x2048, or can we make it smaller? My current idea is closer to 2048x1024
Yes to all.

Also, modified the prizes, I forgot to change them before i posted. Winner gets both, runner up gets a choice.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Interesting, i think i might dabble when my uni finishes on the 11th. The swamp contest was fun and coming joint 6th out of 44 is a real motivation to try that extra bit harder!

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
So did this contest just start but so entering when im allowed on pc again (currently at school).
Also is it a cp map or just a cp area?

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Well, if anything this is a good excuse to get back to hammer again. It's been too long. :p

I don't really have any good ideas, but we'll see if I can come up with a neat final point...

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
unlimited height you say?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

realistically though, i probably won't be taking advantage of that, time constraints and all. but i think i have something else in mind that's a lil more season appropriate :)

GeneralDisorder

L1: Registered
Sep 24, 2009
This looks like fun, I'm in.

Also, can we make Arena caps? Because you could actually fit an arena in 2048*2048 :)

Xy²

L1: Registered
Nov 15, 2009
Koth maps are allowed too?

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
unlimited height you say?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, i had an idea that took moderate advantage of the height allowance.. but it seems we're marking bar screenshots this time (one screen shot, even), unlike the swamp contest where we could walk around and include other details such as soundscapes. I needed to change my initial idea as it was split into three sections and a single screenshot could not possibly display the entire breadth of such a scenario.

A confirmation of the marking method might be helpful in producing 100% legitimate entries. Is it like the swamp contest where we are required to experience the .bsp or are we simply marking via the single screenshot.

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
Question:

If we were to say make the point capable and have some sort of finale type effect accompanying that. Would that be considered part of the detail? Or is would that not be judged at all?

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
If you can get a screenshot of it, i wouldn't see why not. Usability is irrelevant, so if it's there to be seen, be it animated or not, it would make sense that it wouldn't matter. Although i find myself making an ultimately redundant post as i'm not exactly in a position to say what is and isn't valid entry material.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
I liked to enter but I have exams in a week :(

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I liked to enter but I have exams in a week :(

I have exams THIS week, but they're only mocks. Will give this a try, just waiting for the info on whether it's screenshot based or bsp based...