***Control Point mini-contest***

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Count me in! By the way, correct me if I'm wrong but are we allowed to use stuff created with propper?
Read the first post, specifically this bit:
  • Custom content is allowed, but only made entirely by yourself using your own resources or Valve's content.

So did this contest just start but so entering when im allowed on pc again (currently at school).
Also is it a cp map or just a cp area?
I'll let you draw your own conclusion after re-reading the original post:
  • Nothing has to be functional at all, this is purely detailing practice.

Koth maps are allowed too?
Same as above but with this added:
  • You may construct any of the conventional control point types, A/D, 5cp mid/2nd/last, TC, Payload, etc (No A/D ctf points or custom CP twists as those do not fall under "conventional" ie. established by Valve).

If we were to say make the point capable and have some sort of finale type effect accompanying that. Would that be considered part of the detail? Or is would that not be judged at all?
That will earn you a big fat disqualification. We're looking for detailing practice here not a fancy effect practice. You may use small ammounts of dynamic content, say if you have a conveyor it can actually move boxes but a full on goldrush type finale is way out of the question.

I'm noticing most of my responces are just quoting the main post back to people. Please make sure you read it carefully!

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
So crazy assed particles are out of the question? d'awww... :p I have my idea down, I'ev just started.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Youme said:

• Custom content is allowed, but only made entirely by yourself using your own resources or Valve's content.

So does this mean we aren't allowed to use photoshop or blender cause they aren't made by us?

Smetzle

L3: Member
May 20, 2009
i truly doubt you're required to create your own picture editing software/model making software, and then your own texture/model for it to be acceptable.

Yeah, because then you'd have to use third-party programming software, which would be cheating :p

tarmo-

L3: Member
Dec 10, 2008
bah, i already have 8 packs of tf2 trading cards .|| we'll see, might join this one, if i get my computer back in time :p

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
So does this mean we aren't allowed to use photoshop or blender cause they aren't made by us?

Use some common sense. What use would it be to say you can use any custom content you can make... but only if you can make the applications to make the content in yourself.

It would be like saying you've got to build a kit car, only you can't use any spanners, wrenches, tape etc unless you made them yourselves.

So for anyone still confused: You're allowed to USE THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE TO MAKE ASSETS. (as the assets made within are still 100% your creations still.....)

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
I'm going to join but I don't have Internet infill Friday

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Glad so many people are entering, good luck everyone.

Maybe one day people will read and think before they ask questions.

Kronixx

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2009

This means you have to use notepad for this contest because you didn't make hammer either. Good luck with notepad! :O

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
ooo. Nice to see more of these, and the deadline is a lot more friendly to my schedule this time.

I've got two out of six TC points started... maybe I screw around with one of those. :p

Locutus

L2: Junior Member
Nov 3, 2009
Who is this "Velvet fist iron glove" man I keep hearing about? He seems pretty popular. >:3