[Contest Entry] pl_cashworks

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
For when you're back: Change the little building next to the second cap, with the half health and full ammo. There's two stairs going up, and the health and ammo is only accessible through one - but you can drop down if you crouch beneath the wood. This altogether makes for a confusing little building.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
Played it the other day. I liked the ambience, but seems to be very BLU friendly. On all the rounds BLU won without any difficulty, and both teams were balanced.

Last edited:

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Yeah, very true. The third cap is pretty much undefendable, due to both red spawning very far backand blu getting a spawn much closer.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
I found this bug at the end of a round (BLU winners), cart didn't explode.

plcashworksb20000ph6.jpg

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Damn! that's no good! and people are saying fake! fake game! :x

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
didn't have enough momentum to push the hair trigger on the front of the cart to go BOOM!

Aug 19, 2008
desaturated them, they were definately a little to saturated
it´s the first time i hear about the bomb not going off, hm :/

i know the problematics on the 3rd points, it´s a major concern, and will be strongly adressed in B3

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
i got a friend (moe012) do some dirtywork for me, and wow, best logos, ever

i´ll work them to vtf as soon as it got the time, day or two

These are great, look really col and fit the style of the map. You should incorporate these into cashworks in b3.

Aug 19, 2008
after quite a while of silence caused by other distractions, i got back to work on the b3,
here are some screenies of recent changes

changes in the first area: reshaped tunnel and house, reshaped building behind the underground exit to have a more lumbery look and feeling
added eagles flying circles, clouds are slightly rotating
gave red some cover to be able to protect the first area a little longer

pimped up last blu forward-spawn

changes at cp2 to make it more accessible

ok, back to work...

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Those changes look good, be carefull not to go too high on the visual clutter though, sometimes less is more.

Looking really good, and this map is already excelent :thumbup1:

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
Oh yeah. This map is my favourite, and I love those changes.
Continue that great work : beautiful, great gameplay (not always the same with different parts), very balanced...

<3

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
looks nice, but in the third screen the stair texture repeats :/

and 4th screenie grass growing in the water? :/ Or is it Zeewier? (translated: Seaweed/algae :p)

Aug 19, 2008
yeah, not sure about that, wanted to ad some vegetation where the water ends, give the impression of moss.. i hate seeing blank tunnels
i´m aware of the repeating texture, will be adjusted

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Looks great, them changes. Are you addressing some of the optimization, too? As of late, I seem to get horrible fps on this map, which I hate because I love the map itself.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Wow, drastic changes shows commitment to excellence. I don't have any doubt these are for the better, but we'll see. Are you on for this gameday or next? Or any?

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
now I look closer at this image - http://imagefarm.net/images/8051lr9egp9osw2215qn.jpg - those mound things should be flatter topped so the trees arent leaning over so much, they look a bit odd.

He could flatten them, or couldn't he just rotate the trees more vertical and put a few more to get the same effect? and kid of hide the round top while giving it some height variance up there still?

Aug 19, 2008
don´t know if can squeeze out an rc version for the beta, still pretty busy otherwise, so it might be a last second call.
the tunnel, even before dario´s comment, was one of the spots i was unhappy with, and i missed some more lumberyard-theme, so drastic changes weren´t a proplem.
it´s mostly visual changes, the basic flow will remain the same.