[Contest Entry] pl_cashworks

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
You should add an arrow or something at this place :

6756da530068742aeddc477a5594c.jpg

At second RED spawn.

One of two people who don't know the map go right. Waste of time.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Oh, yes. Something I found out yesterday; the alcove to the right in Zanpa's picture is reachable by red by standing on the box with the telephone on it, then jumping at al the wall. You'll hit a tiny ledge, allowing you to jump again and get up there.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
But i never figured out how people did get up there if they weren't demo soldier engi or scout. I just figured they had a teleporter, but i never saw one.

Crowbar2

L1: Registered
Jan 19, 2009
Just saw some kind of sentry glitch in a round on b2. After red was defeated there was an active red lvl1 sentry shooting at people. I think it might have finished construction after the blu victory. It killed one person before it was destroyed.

Crowbar2

Jan 19, 2009
btw
Oh, yes. Something I found out yesterday; the alcove to the right in Zanpa's picture is reachable by red by standing on the box with the telephone on it, then jumping at al the wall. You'll hit a tiny ledge, allowing you to jump again and get up there.
I see this little jump used all the time. It'd be nice if it were easier to get up to. It gives red a slightly easier time defending a difficult stretch.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Where exactly is this little ledge. I cant figure out how to get up there, where is the ledge and do you just crouch jump onto that and then up top. I could figure this out myself but would rather play the map.

Crowbar2

Jan 19, 2009
There isn't really a visible ledge. This general area can be jumped onto. It's not easy.
attachment.php

ProfFiendish

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2008
Hi,

Had a chance to play b2 on a full server recently, and would like to let you know it is absolutely fantastic. Good job with the variety of unique environments the cart is pushed through.

Only one complaint, and it's minor: there are two hallways that slightly bother me with their lack of detail. One is the hallway out of the second RED spawn, and the other is the hallway to the right of the 3rd cap. Both are, of course, perfectly functional, but seem sort of out of place with the beautifully detailed exterior of your map.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Also I'd suggest either removing or enlarging the boxes at the alcove described above and the final point, to the left. They make people assume they can use them to jump on things.

One big glitch that's abused by people is just over the bridge (coming from blu) then going as far to the left as you can, jumping over the boxes and jumping on the wood, and then jumping down. This gets you outside the map where people can set up teleporters and such.

Aug 19, 2008
thx, things are noted and being addressed

i got a problem:
quote from fpsbanana

Great map, we've got a 24/7 server dedicated to it. One big issue for us though is that the console command mp_restartround will restart the map and set it back to the setup phase, but the blue gates are open during setup. This doesn't happen on other maps, so I think it is likely a bug in the map itself. Would you mind looking into this and fixing it in the next release?

i seriously don´t know what the solution to that might be, can anyone help me out with this?

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
thx, things are noted and being addressed
i seriously don´t know what the solution to that might be, can anyone help me out with this?

I'd be happy to try. Have you been able to replicate the problem?

Can you cut your gates and paste them into a tiny vmf so I can see if I can replicate the problem?

Look at the timer and see if you're killing anything on setup end.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
hehe thats my clans server... I was in the irc channel when the bug was found out.. Hope ya fix it.