Cashworks

PL Cashworks rc

MrTwoVideoCards

L1: Registered
Aug 27, 2008
it´s not that i overuse them, i use them at the big turning points like after cp1, at the bottom of the hill, at cp3 and the big building at cp4
it surely can´t be more expensive to process if a player can see it than to actually having to render 20 props

i´m pretty sure valve is using occluders, i can see them in the visgroups, i think that they don´t get decompiled correctly, therefore we don´t see them in the vmf

Wait wat? Your're post was confusing. The point is that Vis leafs control what's visible in a single leaf, therefore ironically yeah they could probably see 20 props.

More importantly though concentrate on your texture budgets. Use commands like +show_texturebudget.

Aug 19, 2008
i´ve set up the hints as you proposed, but the framerate sunk to 50-60 at the gates and did not help with the visleaf-issues, i´m reverting to the previous hint-setup
sometimes less hint are more effective than a complicated hint-setup

Tyker

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 1, 2009
feedback.jpg

I was stuck here for about 2 minutes, because the cart kept getting stalled.
I couldn't move around the kart, and I couldn't crouchjump over it. I think removing the beam I encircled removes this problem, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

taraph75

L1: Registered
Apr 23, 2009
We have your map on our rotation and while playing the other day, several of us got stuck between some rocks (tried to jump up on the rocks, slid down and couldn't get out)

Here's a screenshot, it was near the 3rd cap, hopefully you will recognize it. :)

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
Ever noticed that last red spawn door was just.. not opening, ever?

r20t2f.jpg

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
It's a visual bugs on some Computers. Happened to me on Strata once and no one said anything.

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
Curiosity bump for RC2

Hey eerie, I know that Premuda is your new baby now, but what happened to RC2 of Cashworks? Didn't you want to release it last weekend? I guess good things take their time.

Also, the blue custom hologram looks blurry, it is very hard to read the backwoods logging union writing. Any way to "sharpen" it up?

Big Lou

L3: Member
Mar 17, 2008
Nice work, I'm definitely going to give this a try.

May I ask? What software did you use to make the 360 videos?

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
nice work, i've found a few very little bugs:
- If you are a scout you stop pushing the cart by double jumping..
-
pl_cashworks_rc0000copy.jpg

Aug 19, 2008
nope, there´s gonna be a pl_cashworks_final

since i had to resort to func_occluders for optimization, i hope they play out well
but i´ve read some sources that say they aren´t good for multiplayer and some tell there is absolutely no problem with them

that´s why i still want to have the _final available if anything goes terribly wrong :)

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Well, just be sure to get a final out before Valve finishes making updates!