Cashworks

PL Cashworks rc

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Almost final great work, i have recently got back into cashworks and been playing rc2 and i dont really have any complaints.

Keep it up

MrTwoVideoCards

L1: Registered
Aug 27, 2008
Good job, though the eagle model is a step away from optimizing rather than a step forward. Plus I think players won't really care about it being a texture face or model.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
I found a few bugs on reds final spawn door that i have scene before.

These happened to different days, the spawn by the vault on final point for red, the door got stuck half way so you could see outside, and from some angles the skybox. Also a different time it got stuck at a 45 degree angle tilting left.

Otherwise it looks like rc2 has fixed most things. Great work.

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
I found a few bugs on reds final spawn door that i have scene before.

These happened to different days, the spawn by the vault on final point for red, the door got stuck half way so you could see outside, and from some angles the skybox. Also a different time it got stuck at a 45 degree angle tilting left.

Otherwise it looks like rc2 has fixed most things. Great work.

I just wanted to post this ;)

And even when it's closed, you can see a blue line under it (skybox).

And also, sticky bombs can stick on the door of BLU's forward spawn.

I am supposed to be there ?

Imho, it's not overpowered. I'd say keep it, but you might want to clip this area anyway.

Unrelated : I love this bridge.

The final area of Cashworks must be where I had all the funniest moments in this game : the bridge and the hallway, the death pit...

Going final soon ? :)

Tyker

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 1, 2009
I found 2 more things:
First screenshot: rope going through the building. Also rope going straight up through a metal cap.
Second screenshot: Whenever I look down there and move, it seems like I get pushed and pulled around. No idea what might cause it.

Fazer

Aug 7, 2009
There is a minor glitch in the first area, where the blu spawn.

If you're facing the spawn, on the right is a sentry spot and planks. If you jump on the planks and then jump again, you will see what is behind the short wall -
plcashworksrc20000.jpg

There is no road behind the truck, only dark surface. You could extend the road a little so it would look more natural.

(btw I posted the same thing on FPS Banana and Steam forum earlier)

Junge

Jan 29, 2009
bad clipping at this spot, it's hard to double-jump to the bridge
plcashworksrc20000.jpg

the house and the stone to the right both look odd.
plcashworksrc20006.jpg

unintended demo-spot
plcashworksrc20011.jpg

demo above the crosshair
plcashworksrc20009.jpg

two powerfull demo-spots. maybe you should remove them.
plcashworksrc20003.jpg

plcashworksrc20010.jpg

all screenshots are from rc2

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
plcashworksrc20001.jpg

Their is a white line that flickers when you walk down that hallway. Its about midway up the stairs.

x14u2cx

Mar 23, 2009
I was just playing on the noheroes server and they were saying cashworks was being removed due to some issues that they were having, one player in particular said it was crashing while full, this seems to be a problem with rc2 itself.

Also while they were chatting about it they all stated on how beautiful the map was and how well it played, many of them wanted it back on the rotation as soon as it could be so i figured id bring it to your attention.

Tyker

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 1, 2009
Found some more minor things:
Screen one: 2 props in one. I can see why you did it, but it does give the double texture phasing alot.
Screen two:
Misaligned stairs. Yes, it is nitpicking, but it just looks weird when there are only 3 blocks not aligned correctly on both sides.
Screen three:
I was using this as a sniper position, and I noticed alot of bouncing around. It's probably noclipped already, but I think you better look at it again.
Screen four:
A toolblack left from a previous window?

firething11

Aug 7, 2009
This is by far my favourite custom made map, maybe even out of all the maps. Even once I'd learnt the concept of official and custom maps, I still though this map was official for a long time. I have no criticisms.

I-Fling-Poo

Aug 15, 2009
A glitch?

I've already asked you if you should be able to build here (you said yes).

But there's still a clipping problem. Not clipping exactly (sorry, not a mapper), as building up there is fine. It's that the sentry can fire through the floor (pipes). Makes for a nasty (and funny!) surprise when the other team comes by.

The opposite is true as well, the other team and fire up through the floor/pipes and destroy the buildings. Last time I build up there a smart demoman from the other team figured it out and stuck stickybombs under the pipes and destroyed everything.

Anyhow, the ability to fire/shoot through the pipes needs to be fixed I think.

Probably goes without saying, but Cashworks is my favorite custom map!

Poo

Manta_firefly

Oct 23, 2009
Logging on here just to give my opinions here, purely about the functional aspects of this map (Based on observations on a 24 man server with critvoting, classlimits and a decently skilled playerbase). Aesthetically I think this map is absolutely beautiful, perhaps too much as it really hurts the frame-rate of a lot of the players.

Anyway, down to business.

The opening zone is actually something of a triumph of design as you have made an open space that isn't just a sniper-whoring grounds due to well placed rocks and other cover. This play quality however somewhat declines when play nears the first point, as it is essentially one spam-happy chokepoint and can be very difficult to dislodge RED from if they have a decent teleporter/sentry setup in there, even if BLU has taken the first point. All this really needs is some alternate route into this area for BLU (Perhaps one of the high up balconies on BLU's side to penetrate the wall over to red's side, above their first spawn).

Once this gets finally broken we get to the snake-like downhill section. And again this flows quite well for BLU due to the height advantage and overlooking balconies. RED has trouble defending on this downhill section and generally has to dig in around the corner over the second point itself, facing attacks from front and back thanks to that secondary route behind point 2 you've made. To be honest, I can't really complain about this arrangement as it is part of the map's character.

The third section is rather more interesting, albeit somewhat daunting to players unfamiliar with the map layout as it has lots of secondary routes twisting about the place around the track, ultimately culminating in the doorway over the 3rd point, which is where the engineers always seem to love placing their stuff, for obvious reasons. I don't think I've ever seen a game where RED defends this point successfully yet as it seems that red has a longer walk to the action that BLU, in spite of much longer respawn times.

I'm in two minds about the final area, while I feel that there are a few powerful sentry locations in there, and that BLU's approaches to the zone are long and dangerous (The cover on the bridge is only a temporary shelter from sniper fire), I also feel that a last point should be hard, because assault maps like this need to scale in difficulty for them to make sense and have a proper sense of achievement. All I can really say about it is that there is no real safe and useful place for a BLU engineer to set up close to this battle, but a teleporter is essential to BLU to have the numbers to beat RED on the last point.

Basically I'm happy with the map as it stands with the minor exception of point 1.

Last edited:

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Should be it's a map that deserves to be taken up by valve.
It is probably my dad's favourite custom map and he focuses purely on playing :)
I also enjoy it alot and it is amazing.

Koushiro

Dec 1, 2009
This is one of the most played maps on my regular server -- third behind Gold Rush and Badwater -- and for good reason: it's a great map, and the end is fantastic. It's pretty well balanced and I have no real issues with how it plays, but there are a few minor things that I've noticed that may be unintentional:

1. There seems to be a rogue playerclip running from here...
2. All the way across to here.
3. This is more likely intentional, but you can safely jump down to here.
4. Only thought of this just now so no pic, but you can shoot into a corner of BLU's first spawn from the middle setup gate.

Love the map, and best of luck with this and your future work.