Cargoship (MvM)

MVM Cargoship (MvM) V2A5

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Version 2 Alpha 5

Welcome to my bi-annual Cargoship update. Just a warning for all 0 of you who actually follow my update notes, I fully intend to make "Updated the README.txt file" into my version of "Updated the localization files".

Map Changes:
-Rebuilt the map from the ground up
-Rebuilt the map's logic from the ground up to be easier to work with
-Made the Red ship wider across the board
-Replaced the base of the crane with a wider metal structure
-Moved the gate capture zone onto an outdoor elevated platform
-Added new robot spawnpoints: spawnbot, spawnbot_crate_mid, spawnbot_crates, spawnbot_flank, spawnbot_mission_sniper, spawnbot_toggle_crate_left, spawnbot_toggle_crate_mid, spawnbot_toggle_crate_right, spawnbot_toggle_giant, spawnbot_toggle_main_1, spawnbot_toggle_main_2, spawnbot_toggle_miniboat, spawnbot_toggle_upper
-Added new popfile relays: bomb_timer_remove_relay, bomb_timer_restore_relay, gate_capture_relay, gatebot_disable_all_relay, gatebot_disable_relay, gatebot_enable_relay, ocean_tag_new_relay, ocean_tag_off_relay, ocean_tag_relay, route_clear_relay, route_show_relay, route_swap_hide_relay, route_swap_relay, spawn_toggle_crate_left_relay, spawn_toggle_crate_mid_relay, spawn_toggle_crate_right_relay, spawn_toggle_disable_all_relay, spawn_toggle_enable_all_relay, spawn_toggle_giant_relay, spawn_toggle_main_1_relay, spawn_toggle_main_2_relay, spawn_toggle_miniboat_relay, spawn_toggle_upper_relay
-Renamed upgrade_forward_*_relays to upgrade_*_relay
-Renamed bomb_reset_relay to bomb_remove_relay
-Fixed bugs with various gate-related entities not properly triggering/resetting
-Added a tf_point_nav_interface that fires RecomputeBlockers when the route is changed or when gatebots are enabled/disabled
-boat_stop_relay can be used to restart the Blu carrier ship with a second trigger, and a bug was fixed where the ship would sometimes loop its animation one extra time before stopping
-The Blu miniboat now drives along a continuous path towards the forward spawn when the gate is captured, instead of teleporting
-Added new robot tags: bomb_runner, nav_bombroute, nav_flank_tower_high, nav_flank_tower_low
-Robots will avoid running backwards after spawning at the forward spawn while the gate is captured
-Removed intel_notimer and related entities; the untimed bomb is now created by changing the return time of the normal bombs
-Added logic to prevent wave_resume_relay from interfering with map functions
-Reduced the skybox lighting brightness
-Robots with the ocean_spawn tag that fall into the ocean will now respawn at the nearest ocean spawnpoint, rather than always respawning at spawnbot_ocean_forward
-The Red team spawnpoints are now named
-Fixed the whistle sound effects sometimes not being audible
-Adjusted the transparency and glow of gatebot route signs

Starboard Strike (Intermediate Mission) Changes:
-Increased wave 4 boss health/damage
-Wave 6 final boss no longer has UseBossHealthBar
-Increased difficulty across the board
-Various other adjustments/restructurings

Other Changes:
-Updated the README.txt file

20200511225204_1.jpg 20200511225250_1.jpg 20200511225321_1.jpg 20200511225433_1.jpg 20200511225530_1.jpg 20200511225555_1.jpg 20200511225620_1.jpg 20200511225719_1.jpg 20200511225801_1.jpg

level overview.jpg
Labeled level overview.

int_starboard_strike overview.png
Mission overview for the intermediate (and currently, only official) mission, Starboard Strike.

Go to the update entry...
Download this version

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Version 2 Alpha 5 Missions 1

This isn't being pushed out as a normal update as the map itself has not been updated. This update is primarily for the mission Starboard Strike, which has been overhauled to be more difficult (especially in the later waves).

-Increased difficulty across the board
-Restructured wave 6

Other Changes:
-Fixed a navigation bug causing squadded medics to not leave spawnbot_giant with their patient

Attachments

• mvm_cargoship_v2a5_int_starboard_strike_v2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Version 2 Alpha 5 Missions 2

First the mission is too easy, now it's too difficult... What do you people WANT!?
(thats a joke i understand that difficulty is not a binary and is in fact a spectrum with extreme ends and a happy middle ground i just wanna be funy man joke ok pls no roast)

-Added new final giants to waves 1 and 2
-Reduced duration of wave 2b
-Slightly increased difficulty of wave 2
-Slightly reduced difficulty in waves 3, 4, and 5
-Reduced wave 4 soldier boss' projectile spread
-Moved wave 5c to 4c
-Redesigned wave 6; wave should now be easier
-Wave 6 scout boss has increased health and reduced move speed, and will always be the bomb carrier

Attachments

• mvm_cargoship_v2a5_int_starboard_strike_m2.pop
    32.4 KB · Views: 96
  • robot_cargoship_v2a5_m2.pop
    34.8 KB · Views: 90

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Version 2 Alpha 6

I'm running out of actual layout changes to make pLEASE GIVE ME LAYOUT FEEDBACK AAA

Map Changes:
-Partially modified how robots are selected to respawn after falling into the ocean: Bots with the bot_giant tag will always be considered to have the ocean_spawn tag
-Removed popfile relays: ocean_tag_relay, ocean_tag_auto_relay, and ocean_tag_off_relay (obsolete)
-Adjusted texture alignment on gate route arrows
-Improved ocean spawn jumping logic for more consistent jumps
-Players that attempt to block a robot jumping onto the Red ship from an ocean spawnpoint will be shoved out of the way, and blocking engineer buildings will be crushed
-Fixed potential bugs caused by bomb_runner robots spawning at an ocean spawnpoint
-Added new popfile relays: wave_reset_relay
-Fixed missing railing clip brush at the front of the Red ship
-Raised the ceiling in the central building's lower area by 64HU, with minor layout adjustments to fit the new space
-Minor detail adjustments
-Added a steam vent launchpad at the bottom of the central circular dropdown in the central building
-Slightly widened the Red team's ship, with minor layout adjustments to fit the new space
-Added audio cues that play when the forward upgrade station opens and closes
-Replaced the previous ocean water texture with a new custom texture that functions better as a moving water plane
-When the bomb is deployed, the Red ship will begin visibly sinking
-The gate capture zone is now outlined in hazard tape
-Fixed various floating cargo crates
-Added an arrow pointing to the gate capture zone for players exiting the building near the gate from the starboard side
-Minor adjustments to prop placements in the cargo crate area to block sightlines
-Entities instructing gatebots to capture the gate are now disabled while the robots own the gate
-Minor adjustments to health/ammo placement
-Revamped bot route selection logic
-The lights on the upgrade station now actually cast light
-Fixed a bug where changes to bomb return timers would also affect existing bomb runner bombs
-Adjusted func_nav_avoid placements to reduce the odds of a robot being accidentally pushed into an improper route
-Fixed players being able to stand in front of the doors for the cargo crate spawns
-The bombs have now been moved into the main entity room to fix an issue where they were not returning to the correct location
-Updated some trigger_hurt damage types

-Replaced some of the melee heavies and medics in wave 2a with shotgun heavies
-Reduced health of both bosses
-Gave wave 5b combat medics AlwaysCrit
-Other minor difficulty adjustments

Other Changes:
-Updated the README.txt file

int_starboard_strike overview.png
Mission overview for the intermediate (and currently, only official) mission, Starboard Strike.

Go to the update entry...
Download this version