[BETA]Dom_Complex

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
And for the record, Ryodan, on the March 16th Gameday, there were 82 Sentry kills on complex. So I think it must be somewhat suitable for Engies.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
I think the vent should be consistent all the way through: either crouch all the way through or walk all the way through. Switching it up in the middle is frustrating when going from walking to "oh, I'm stuck on something, why can't I get through here? oh, that's right, I have to do a funny little crouch thing to... *gibbed*".

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I don't really get anoyed with having to crouch, or even having to only crouch or part of it, but I do feel that changing midway is, well, odd. its a bit unrealistic and sticks out a bit.

tedrock

L2: Junior Member
Apr 20, 2008
i have to agree with Shmitz. i'd rather it just be smooth all the way through. maybe just a little angled no clip to prevent from getting stuck on the lip.

also a no clip is needed here... just for ascetics i guess

dom_complex_clip2.png

got stuck real good under that corner of the top create

dom_complex_clip.png

i donno if you intended this but when you drop down you can get on the top of that door frame

dom_complex_light.png

and for a new mapper how do you intended light this vent more... practically?

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
dom_complex_light.png

and for a new mapper how do you intended light this vent more... practically?

Put a wire that goes trough the vents on the ground and place a light bulb on the ground on the side of the vent, makes it believable

lightbulb1.jpg

tedrock

L2: Junior Member
Apr 20, 2008

that would look good but a very dim red... possibly flashing.

oh yah there's another area in the water. it needs to be like 1 unit deeper. currently while in the water there you touch the bottom and if you duck your screen is half in and half out and makes the audio switch back and forth between water and non-water sounds and it sounds all messed up. i'll take a screen shot later.

Last edited:

TheBladeRoden

Oct 26, 2007
No vent lighting changes this version, sorry guys :(

Just radical gameplay experimentations

Updated 4/27/08

v0.4b Changes

-Lowered setup time to 30 seconds
-Increased cap time to 10 seconds
-Made it so owning more CP's reduces your spawn time
-Changed Red base to the Pipe Room

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Made it so owning more CP's reduces your spawn time

Not sure if I really like this change... I get aggravated enough when my team sucks, I dont need to be reminded of it constantly by the fact that the enemy is capturing all the points because I am constantly dead.

TheBladeRoden

Oct 26, 2007
Holy Crap changing Red's Base sure created a lot of bugs. Hope you all forgive me. Here's what i saw so far.

Map thinking Blue has 1 less CP's than it actually does. Thus sending them to jail when they have 1 CP.

Red still spawning at the V Bridges when they don't any points.

Any others you saw post here.

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
I REALLY want to like this map! My one and only problem (aside from the bugs you mentioned, which will get fixed I am confident) is that it's so confusing to figure out which control point is which. I look at the HUD and see a point getting capped by the enemy and have no idea how to get there aside from running around and getting lucky. If there were someway to make it more recognizable where you are going or trying to get to at least, this would be a very fun map.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
I REALLY want to like this map! My one and only problem (aside from the bugs you mentioned, which will get fixed I am confident) is that it's so confusing to figure out which control point is which. I look at the HUD and see a point getting capped by the enemy and have no idea how to get there aside from running around and getting lucky. If there were someway to make it more recognizable where you are going or trying to get to at least, this would be a very fun map.

Thats the thing though, its not so much about stopping the other team from capturing points, its more about just going to the first uncaptured point you can and capturing it yourself. If you happen to stumble upon a capture in progress then by all means interupt it.

My game plan until I learn DOM maps is to run around as a pyro trying to capture as many points as possible. If I run into an enemy then I just set them on fire. I like it. heheehehe

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Besides the spawn issues that you talked about, it seemed fine. I would just change/alter the texturing on the roofs of the building where blue starts, the black line is a little repetative.

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 9, 2008
NICE! I really can't wait to play this map on a full server when its done. I like how you turned a camera into a projector in one of the screenshots you posted, smarty :p