Balancing Natascha

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Natascha would be so much more useful if the user could gain speed from the class they're shooting.

Or how about a general speed boost for having the weapon equiped? So he was like the same speed as a soldier when not priming the minigun? Getting a speed boost sounds so insignificant for when the heavies primed and firing. Since he'll be even slower than he is normally.

edit: I'm inclined to suggest 5% increase but there's only 3% between the soldier and heavy. Having a heavy walk faster than a soldier might be a bit questionable. Although the Soldier can rocket jump..

Currently the heavy walks at 27% walking speed whilst primed. 50% primed speed alternative to actual walking speed changes?

Last edited:

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Lemme put it this way.

As a pyro I hate Sasha.

As a pyro I FUCKING HATE Natascha.

Heavy either way I hate.

DONT BUFF HIM THEN SUPERTOASTER WILL BE UNSTOPPABLER THAN HE ALREADY IS

Last edited:

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Lemme put it this way.

As a pyro I hate Sasha.

As a pyro I FUCKING HATE Natascha.

Heavy either way I hate.

DONT BUFF HIM THEN SUPERTOASTER WILL BE UNSTOPPABLER THAN HE ALREADY IS

As a spy I HATE NATASCHA as well. Completely ruins the spy. Kills any attempt at get away because you're running slower than a snail and the bullets make you visible.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Pretty sure if you're disguised that Natascha can't slow you down.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
This is my balancing of Natascha: I pull it out and stick close to a sahsa heavy. :/

In all seriousness, this is one of the more balanced weapons I see on TF2. And it's not because of gameplay, it's because there seems to be an equal amount of players who hate it and love it... unlike the scout's Sandman and FaN, which are both hated by anyone who doesn't play scout.

FlavorRage

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 12, 2008
When you think about it, natascha is much better at killing light classes, but is nearly impossible to kill other heavies and soldiers with. I guess it IS balanced after all.... :\

Garner

Aug 16, 2009
No pre-revving, -25% damage done, 100% slow chance, left click drops medium ammo pack when held for 3 seconds (to prevent accidental ammo drop) at an expense of 50 bullets from Natascha.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
No pre-revving, -25% damage done, 100% slow chance, left click drops medium ammo pack when held for 3 seconds (to prevent accidental ammo drop) at an expense of 50 bullets from Natascha.

Did you even think when you wrote this?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I worry enough about my ammo count as Heavy without having it cut in half. You'd find heavies camping ammo stashes and pissing off engi's. Or limpet'ing to dispencers (more than they currently do). It'd be sensible to make the heavy more diverse with his available tactics. Not have him completely reliant on health buffs AND ammo supply.

200 works out just about right i guess, as long as you have the shotgun to back you up.

Shoomonger

Jul 8, 2009
This topic has become so popular that I updated the main topic description.