RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
62eaf4d2474e75ff6a0596d2f22a2.jpg

Forgot this :D

TerabyteST

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 18, 2009
Once again, you're changing a lot of the playable area.

TerabyteST

Aug 18, 2009
You'll tell me when you'll be disqualified ;)

TerabyteST

Aug 18, 2009
I was not being an ass. I was stating the truth.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Hawt. Ignore the "omg layout!" wingebags.

i recognize the area easily enough and i like what i see.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
You can be an asshole and state the truth at the same time.

Ravage, I think this looks great.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Whilst i wont comment on the changes to gameplay, however minor or major some might consider them, there are a couple things that bug me about your aesthetics.

Progression and nuetrality. Your first building is nuetral industrial. This is hydro's theme because it is TC. Nuetral industrial has no place in maps other than TC. Which warrant team based industrial or cover operation guises. It's directly related to game mode mechanics.

Read this article: link and study A/D aesthetics.

A note on A/D Façades.

The theme is typically based off an important resource. Weapons, fuel, food, transport and communications are probably the main 5. Once chosen, you can begin to shape your aesthetics to meet the needs of replicating X type of facility.

When applying 3 stages it is easier to break up progression, whilst single stage A/D can be a little trickier in applying hints of progression to players. But it can be defined as such: sparse huts and out house storage sheds, into more solid structures that probably handle raw materials and equipment, then onto more developed and permanent structures (made out of metal and concrete as opposed to wood) that are likely used for refining or the later stages of resource X's life. Be it a firing mechanism for weapons, distillery for fuel, depot for food etc.

Your map currently displays no progression that allow players a sense of achieving their goals as they progress through the map. They start off in a nuetral industrial building move out into wooden ones and presumably back into RED industrial. This suggests push CP or TC gameplay, not A/D.

The quality of the aesthetics is fine, but use of industrial instead of wood is a common cop-out because it's so easy to make it look nice.

Last edited: