arabia-remastered

CP arabia-remastered a2fix

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
The second point remains locked for me too. If you'd like to, PM me the .vmf and I'll see if I can help find the problem.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Using the command showtriggers_toggle in cheat mode I found you have no trigger_capture_area on point 2.

Putting one in and setting the Control point value should be all you need to do to make it work.

EDIT: Sorry for breaking the site rules.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2013
Well, here's a2fix2, featuring an output that overwrites the locked condition for the 2nd cp, fired when the 1st cp is capped. That output is producing a workaround for the "locked" issue, by manually setting the locked condition. And it works.

I shall now call a2 FIXED.

DL cp_arabia_a2d2fix2

(Thanks 14bit for testing)

Please test/imp this. I am sure it will work this time.

Last edited:

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Ordinarily, control points don't require logic to tell them to unlock. The game sort of takes care of that itself.

I see there is a trigger there, now. Good work, look forwarding to playing it properly, now.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Yeah, don't use logic. Do this instead:
0861d13e2a.png

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
The architecture and foreground are exceptional but I think you're neglecting the open playable space. Here are a few pictures of what I'm talking about. This is right outside Blu spawn. This picture illustrates the first major sightline that spans a distance of over 3,300 units. That's rather large. Also you can see from this angle just how much open space there really is. All the bottom half is flat and open until you enter the building to the far bottom right.

As I flew around I admired your work on the raw blocking of the environment but would always be taken away by the sheer distance between everything. Here's is a great example of what I mean: Here I am 'mirin your work; Only to be taken away by the distances around it all.

I will say that I like your interiors in contrast to your open environments. Like this open arch hallway. But as I moved on to the final cap I was met with a huge sightline again. It does look nice though, just heavily in favor of sniping.

I hope some of this was helpful. It's hard to fix sightlines as you get along in development so you might want to address this soon if you plan to at all. Something as simple as a few more buildings could help this, you have good interiors. Sizing it down is an option, though a tedious one, with a completed layout.

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
Nice to see a desert vibe going on with tf2 here. Nice job!