April Foolsday the 4th: Electric Boogaloo - Weds, April 1st [ALL DAY]

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
There are no time limits, so go ahead.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
So, my first map is gonna turn out to be a (purposely) badly made april fools map. Great.

I'm calling it Extra Cheesy's 10 000 Trials of Doom

Would like to warn you that TF2 seems to have a 30 character limit on map filenames, or at least our server does. 'Extra_Cheesys_10000_Trials_of_Doom' being 34 characters.

Edit: from a post i made in another thread "(34 characters including the four: .BSP - so actually just 30 for filename)"

Last edited:

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Then just add some more serious custom maps to go along with them.

Why don't Borneo and Boundary have wiki pages yet, for example. Why isn't there a page for Keikoku? Or Suijin?

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Spring Break for me ends the week before, and April 1st lands on a Wedenesday, so yeah, school. I suppose many of us in this situation will be able to play SOME of the maps, but definitely not as many as I'd like to.

Also there is always the dreaded fear of... missing your own map D:

My demo system is broken so I can't really fly around, so I can't even catch it that way :c

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Jeez, why is your spring break so early? I have mine this week and all of next week.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Bottom line, many people will be off work and off school on weekends thus giving several more people much more of a chance to play on the server c:

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Guys, it's an ALL DAY EVENT, probably longer. You can go play the maps whenever you want, I'll keep posting events all day, so there shuold always be people on the server.

Will you be replaying maps?
Because I figured you'd have a lot of maps.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Bottom line, many people will be off work and off school on weekends thus giving several more people much more of a chance to play on the server c:

And again I won't even be home during the 1st of april...
Well.. Hope the maps would work with bots
(unless there's a chance to extend the event so there would be another AF gameday later during the week-- IDK)

We'll probably be able to to host more of the maps on the following days; that friday is apparently Good Friday so I think a lot of people have it off.