Animus

Animus a8

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Spent almost the whole day fixing leaks today. But you gotta give that red little line some credit for finding all those reallly tiny gaps.

I'd be lost without that little buddy! (check your pm's)

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
Hey now - I like it with the exception of the font, which appears too pixelated for my taste.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Just use a damned tombstone for your logo. Matches better then the shit you have now.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
That logo wouldn't look out of place on an emo's MySpace page.

I can't believe this thread has already amassed 15 pages with very little progress on the actual map being shown. :(

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
That logo wouldn't look out of place on an emo's MySpace page.

I can't believe this thread has already amassed 15 pages with very little progress on the actual map being shown. :(

Most of those pages are filled with flaming from void for some reason :lol:

But I have been pretty busy with the map. Doing particles and what not. Expect a release today though.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
i'm uploading a better one

Edit:

damn internet is being shitty, will upload later

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Fearlezz, I hope you didn't run off too far. Because the map is currently unplayable/untestable. Dying moves the wrong cart. :/

(and your spawn doors aren't filtered)

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
And you have frickin' snowy mountains and pine forests in a desert's background.
The skybox seemed great due to the angle of the screenshots he provided. But it's really just a colorized version of lumberyard's sky. I'd toy around with some others, Fearlezz.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
No, it's Sawmill's turned into some "Purple Rain" sky.

Feb 14, 2008
Problem hunt

Need fence here
plr_animus_a20009.jpg

Void :O
plr_animus_a20000.jpg

Change this to a func_areaportal that is open, you should only use portal_doors when the portal is the same size as the door and the door is a brush.
plr_animus_a20001.jpg

Am I supposed to be up here?
plr_animus_a20004.jpg

What purpose does this area serve?
plr_animus_a20002.jpg

Weird staircase
plr_animus_a20003.jpg

Console spam
plr_animus_a20005.jpg

Minor displacement error
plr_animus_a20006.jpg

I can open the RED spawn as BLU, I assume this works vice-versa - add filters. Also there is some weird z-fighting going on below the door (and the dynamic lights are sort of weird).
plr_animus_a20007.jpg

Is this a scout-only area? I think you should add some stairs to get up there.
plr_animus_a20008.jpg

Most obviously, fix the system first. Initial thoughts are that the map is far too long to support such a DM-based game-type, and that the tracks don't appear to be the same lengths (though I may be proven wrong). Furthermore, you really to change the game type such that killing increases the speed the cart can be pushed at (not wholly controlling it), otherwise, the walk distances/spawn times would make the whole thing a bit of a drag, not least the fact that a team can avoid losing by staying in spawn.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
plr_reaper

jesus christ, the name animus is the biggest turn-off for players entering the map.

p.s. the concept seems like shit as a race, you'd just get a ton of heavy+medics tearing it up with hardly any team play. engies are useless because theres no incentive to defend, only to spam.
then again, it does seem like a pretty cool deathmatch counter. time the number of kills you'd need to push the cart to the final point, and we could have games like "first to 30 kills".
p.p.s. moody environment sucks, put some nice bright lights in there so i can see what the hell is happening.

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
And you have frickin' snowy mountains and pine forests in a desert's background.

Fearlezz, I am disappoint.

Though you've never ceased to disappoint in the first place.

You of all people should now that this is the first alpha. And Im disappointed at you void, I havent seen a single positive comment from you, Ive just getting crap from you, whats your problem with this map?

Anyhow, updated the map fixing some problems.

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1860

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
I added death plr, I feel fantastic. :/

ps i like how there are textured buildings, fancy shmancy lighting effects, detail boxes and such, but nice big glaring halls of mirrors