Animus

Animus a8

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
I will not do good on this map....I like to w+m1 and listen to 'through the fire and flames' on PL/PLR maps :p

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
I guess that only playtesting will tell

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
Oh wow I love it. This looks set to suddenly turn those endless stagnant rounds of Pipeline into actual progress. I cannot wait to see this in action.

Fearlezz

May 4, 2008
Great that you love it Ulf :)

And as I promised in the text, here we have a doomsday machine. The Soul Eater. He eats souls for breakfast, lunch and dinner. When a team wins the round, he will be there and suck out all the souls from the cart :D

aurum_tease4.jpg

And yeah, this was in the test map. Animus doesnt look like this. Video coming tomorrow!

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Looks rather meh right now. All of it's parts look out of place.

And for the love of god, please stop using those ugly, pixelated, lo-res Photoshop brushes for your logo.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
No, not really. The logo just looks like shit, and the "Soul Eater" currently looks plain.

Or am I not entitled to have an opinion? Just because I'm not on the "zomg souls so cool payload awsoem fearlezz r awsoemest mappar evar" bandwagon means I'm jealous.

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
I ahve to agree with Void on this one, Fear.

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
zomg souls so cool payload awsoem fearlezz r awsoemest mappar evar also.

But seriously, the concept sounds solid and at the very worst will speed up plr gameplay. And the Soul Eater will look more interesting with more interesting geometry and lighting surrounding it.

/throwwateronflamethread

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
geez its /throwjarateonflamethread

Fearlezz

May 4, 2008
No, not really. The logo just looks like shit, and the "Soul Eater" currently looks plain.

Or am I not entitled to have an opinion? Just because I'm not on the "zomg souls so cool payload awsoem fearlezz r awsoemest mappar evar" bandwagon means I'm jealous.

Hey man, I srsly love crit post more then "zomg souls so cool payload awsoem fearlezz r awsoemest mappar evar" post. So it has nothing to do with that mate.:D

And for the 'you are jealous joke', you need to chill out, cause it seems you took it pretty close to your heart. ::p:

Edit:

And to all that think it looks plain. As Ulf mentioned, it is in matter of fact in a orange box.

Last edited:

Fearlezz

May 4, 2008
Playtest this weekend?

I'm afraid not. As some of you might know, Animus was first Aurum, and Aurum was a map I worked on back in the ol' days when I was still pretty amature. I worked on it for about 7 months.

The map was supposed to have goldrush style completly. The map because so fucking huuuuge. Im serious. No joke. I finished it, but never got to compiling it because I didnt know what optimazation was back then, and it took days to compile it.

Right now, Im reworking stage 1. Since Aurum was intentionally a regulare Payload map, it needs some redesigning in some parts. Thats why you might see some dev textures mixed with real textures.

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Can you still block the enemies cart by standing next to it? or move your cart by standing on it?

Im a little concerned as if both those answers are no, the whole aim of the map will just be deathmatch- as seen on 24/7 2fort [instantrespawn] servers.

TBh if theres no objective to this map other to kill as many enemies as quickly as possibly, then its not really ever going to be balanced properly, as not all classes are designed to just kill and kill and kill.

It won't promote teamwork as much as having a central objective, people will be just as rewarded for going solo and doing their own thing.

Then again- it might work out and be great, only playtesting will tell :rolleyes:

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I think I may have thought out a problem:

Camping engineers.

Eventually people will catch on that SGs will get kills in choke point area's so there is a possibilty of camping. I hope you are going to have multiple routes, or enough to stop camping engineers.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I think you would need a completely custom set of animated models for the end capture, if you know what I mean. What's there is fine, but just think of what you could do with something quite unique.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
What I said before seems harsh. However, alot of people fail to realize that this is more of a Camping trip than a payload.

I hope playtesting proves me wrong.