And the winner is....

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Nice, I think I should be happy with a 3rd place all things considered. Congratulations Mangy and Shmitz too, and everyone else that participated.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
Congrats to Mangy Shmitz and Ravidge! I feel this contest has taught me so much more about mapping and shown me I can actually make something half decent. :D

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Grats to Mangy for winning the contest (and another Novint Falcon)

Very well done to Jimmy for getting such a good map considering it was his first ever for TF2.

And now, we can all sigh a breath of relief, knowing that we never have to map competitively or CTF again... (or do we? Dun dun DAAAAN)

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Grats to Mangy for winning the contest (and another Novint Falcon)

Very well done to Jimmy for getting such a good map considering it was his first ever for TF2.

And now, we can all sigh a breath of relief, knowing that we never have to map competitively or CTF again... (or do we? Dun dun DAAAAN)

I hope the contestants will continue work on these maps. It seems to happen after every contest hardly any are worked on again.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I hope the contestants will continue work on these maps. It seems to happen after every contest hardly any are worked on again.

I did with Wiretap a lot of things I didn't with Scoville.

Consider "working after the contest" one of those things.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Thank you everyone for a great experience.

This contest has motivated me to take my map, despite it's obvious badness, to beta, which is a first.
I knew I wouldn't win, so I'm glad to see Wilfire, Fusion and Deliverence win. Much deserved. Enjoy your prizes guys!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Thank you everyone for a great experience.

This contest has motivated me to take my map, despite it's obvious badness, to beta, which is a first.
I knew I wouldn't win, so I'm glad to see Wilfire, Fusion and Deliverence win. Much deserved. Enjoy your prizes guys!

I wouldn't say you didn't win, you got into the finals. That's a pretty big achievement in itself.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
Congratulations, Mangy!
I feel kind of sad that I ended up 10th, but keeping in mind that those 57 points are almost alone for Style, makes me happier. (Gameplay and Class Balance were fail).
Also - Congratulations to anyone else who participated and didn't make it through the prelims. It's a sad thing that those maps have been forgotten already.
Good job all!

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Congrats to ze winners. :D

(You've foiled me this time, Ravidge!)

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Congrats to all who entered and especialy those that managed to finish. Even though I have only played one of them, I would guess that they are all top class maps.