An Open Letter to the Members of TF2Maps

Pr0_gurl_X0XO

L1: Registered
Mar 31, 2012
Wat, ur the boy who make maps? Can u make me 1??? :confused:

Ii want map liek a bech or sumtin, 1 wit trees n swim up bar.

i hav gud hats even thogh i thnk tf2 suuuucks

pm meeeee

TheKieranator

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 6, 2011
Wat, ur the boy who make maps? Can u make me 1??? :confused:

Ii want map liek a bech or sumtin, 1 wit trees n swim up bar.

pm meeeee

tumblr_lt3b7dagS11r0hk9w.gif

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
An Open Confession to the Members of TF2Maps

Hey TF2 mapper peoples,

You're reading this today because I'm tired of the cowering, intense guilt, and hiding.

I've only been a member of TF2Maps.net since August 2008, and I've done jack shit. Pretty much only yelled at people in the chat and whatnot and met some random people, and read forum posts and occasionally reply, or so it seemed.

I regret to say, that I have never actually read a single post on this forum, despite being here for over three years. Also I have been getting people to read the posts to me in exchange for hats.

Many of the replies I've made in threads? They weren't my own creation. I have to rifle through the lower incomed TF2 bracket to find someone who can read to reply for me and help further the discussions I bring.

My whoreing for posts began one day when I wanted to release a map but I didn't know how to read the rules on how to actually release a map. I met someone, who shall be called "Definitely not YM,", and he offered to reply for me and release my content under my account in exchange for hats. I was still new to TF2. I was creating a map called pl_verity. Definitely not YM thought that I could get more forum publicity if he had the ability to post, but he was intending to charge me a hat if I were to ever get one.

To this day, I never post on my own accord. I have many posters, rolled across different continents. My one true regret is that as the years passed, and the posting volume became less, I never once posted on my own accord, even though I had infinitely many opportunities. I have slowly become the megaphone with a dying battery of TF2Maps. Although some of the posts people have made for me have been great (such as you Handrail216). But I cry everytime I see a person like one of my replies, knowing that I didn't genuinely deserve it and in fact someone else did.

And as such, I will remove all access to my account to post I have given to people across the years. I'm not willing to remove the posts, as there's a bit of iconicism to them that I enjoy reading. I will also make sure to change all of my passwords as I think the pass to this account is also the pass to my email. I wonder how many people are stalking my email right now as I speak.

I hope you can all forgive me for my incessant need to pay people to speak for me. I plan to begin posting in my true voice -as I do in chat- on the forums.

With Love,
Mr. TMP.
4/1/12

Sep 1, 2009

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
An Open Revelation to the Members of TF2Maps

Hello.

I am typing this today because I've had enough. Enough of the hiding, the lies, the facades.

I have been a member of TF2Maps since October 2011, and it has indeed been a period of time, including everything from seconds to hours, sometimes even months.

I regret to say, that despite what my username claims, I am in fact not a substance that can be applied to parts of the body for the purpose of masking odors caused by perspiration.

Every time you've read that single word beside one of my posts, you have been fed a lie. I have hidden the truth from you, intentionally and persistently. I have destroyed the line between fact and fiction, defiled the basic principle of trust between individuals. I can't take it anymore. I can't live with this guilt.

It all started the first time I attempted to register on the site. I typed my real identity in the username bar, still innocent and with an untarnished conscience. I was about to hit enter, when I was overwhelmed with anxiety. I couldn't go through with it. In this world - so full of prejudice and unfounded hate - I feared that you would ostracize and reject me. I panicked, and closed the tab.
I tried again, time after time, but never managed to complete that final step in registration. Finally I gave in and decided to enter under a fake personality.

To this day, I've never dared reveal what I truly am. I have abused your trust, tricked you all into believing that I am in fact a pleasantly scented hygiene product.

Now, I've had enough. Once and for all, I'll reveal my true self, whatever the consequences may be. No more shall it be a secret. This is who I am.

I am truly sorry for having done this to you, and I hope that some of you may forgive me and accept me for who I am.

All the best.
I.. I still can't summon the courage to actually type the name.
1/4/2012