Allow us to make intelligence go through teleporter.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by makemap, Dec 31, 2009.

1. makemap

makemap L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Allow us to make intelligence go through teleporter?
    I'm making a fun map and it won't allow me to teleport with intelligence. Grrr!
    They says it's and exploit, but it can be a feature. I'm tired of these boring maps.

I'm pissed right now. They either update it or i stop making the fun map.
    http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Exploits

Intelligence Teleportation An exploit that allowed a player to teleport with the intelligence by dropping it next to the Teleporter, then picking it up as you teleported.

2. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    The reason it doesn't work is because it obviously gives the teleporting player a huge advantage in a "real" game. Sorry buddy, some things you just have to work around because they're hardcoded.

3. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    You could make a long tube with a super fast trigger_push that would have more or less the same affect.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    Stop making the fun map.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  5. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    fun maps are never really "FUN"

6. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Surf maps with eyelander is really fun. Also cp_orange_x3 as sniper.

7. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    If you're not finding the current TF2 gameplay fun, you're either not playing it properly or should move to a more appropriate game that will better sate your desires for "fun".

This is the way it is because of balance issues, and i cannot see it being otherwise. There's a reason scouts can't bonk! with intel, and intel carriers can't be invuln'd, and it's the same reason intel carriers can't teleport.

We're all for making the game more broad in offering the many styles of play that individuals prefer, but some things arn't right/asking too much/not really necassery to improving the game in general.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  8. makemap

makemap L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I was trying to make a teleporting map, where even scouts can't get pass. :p 1 spawn 1 room. Teleports to enemy room = death.