Alien UFO and Mothership Particles 1.0

Made by (,.o.,)

1. Freyja

aa Freyja It hurt itself in it's confusion!

Positive Ratings:
    If you're too inundated with requests already, I could use a laser particle.

Something that goes between 2 control points, just something that's more impressive than an ugly env_beam. Sparks, glowing effects at the point of firing, that kind of thing.

2. FissionMetroid101

FissionMetroid101 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I actually already have the others made, I just gotta test'em today to make sure everything checks out. I can get that done in no time tonight

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. FissionMetroid101

Positive Ratings:
    For those waiting for the new particles, the main post has been updated with better screenshots, an updated testing map, and the download!

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  4. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    now thats a lot of stuff

5. Freyja

Positive Ratings:
    That laser is perfect and amazing. You deserve a huge kudos.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Holy shit I can't wait to play with these. Thanks a ton! They are amazing!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    Jumpads and teleporters look badass, thank you

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Freyja

Positive Ratings:
    Are you still taking requests? :p

9. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Finally got to play with these some today, freakin' glorious. Helping my map out a ton.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. FissionMetroid101

Positive Ratings:
    Of course!

11. FissionMetroid101

Positive Ratings:
    Apologies for the double posting, but I just wanted to notify anyone using alien_aly_fx.pcf that they must redownload it due to a fix. The Scream Fortress VI update finally corrected a long standing bug with rope particles. GREAT for particle making... Terrible for this since they had to be remade. The change basically makes the lasers a constant stream now instead of the flickery effect it had before, but I added electricity and another little effect to it to make up for it. I also have two new particle files on stand-by, but I just need validation by the requesters before I upload them.

12. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, I accidentally asked on making the teleporter too wide, could you possibly change that to 75% of what it currently is please, thank you in advance.

Oh, could I also have a laser beam please, basically I want my jump pads to fire a laser at the end, but all the current lasers are far too small, have no charge and are the wrong color. (It'd be around 32 x 32 or something i'll get the dimensions when I can, and blu red and green would be great)

Also you're doing fantastic work here man keep it up.

13. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    [gfycat]PastelTartFlatfish[/gfycat]
    This gfy better shows what I wish to improve 64 X 64 as well are the dimensions.
    also the teleporter width at 96 units would be fantastic.

I'll pay even in ref, keys, paypal whatever you'd like.

14. FissionMetroid101

Positive Ratings:
    Dem crunch times

I've got all but one of the particles ready for release. There's one on my dropbox that I can't get to since my phone is outta power. I'm heading home just after I type this, so I should have it out in about an hour (Valve time). I also will later update the download with an updated testing map, but for now I need to get'em out there. These took a lot more time than I expected!

While I do appreciate your offer for payment (which is mighty tempting), you don't have to pay me a thing except for giving the particles a good home! I've made some RGB mega lasers, and as for the teleporter... They're 96 units wide already. If you can send me a prefab of the frame, I can get it all fixed up.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. FissionMetroid101

Positive Ratings:
    Update is uploaded and on time in Valve land. Serious apologies though, a lot went wrong involving getting home last night and working on this, but hopefully it's be worth it. I have had a hard time keeping track of where everything is because of all the different pcfs I have laying around, so if there's an issue (that doesn't involve 'Table ParticleEffectsNames'), please let me know immediately! Also to the requesters whose particle file is listed by name on the list, do update it to get the changes and fixes. If the name is slightly different, you're fine.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  16. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    Am I allowed to edit this myself and post for the contest?
    I already changed some of the sizes and colors myself and just would like some permission

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  17. FissionMetroid101

Positive Ratings:
    S'all good. Feel free to ask any time about edits if you need something specific tweaked.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    I would have just PMed you this, but since the initial deadline is passed, I wanted to make it public in case asking for a particle change at this stage would be against the contest rules.

First, I'm using these particles in my map from alien_fx.pcf, alien2_fx.pcf, and alien_aly_fx.pcf:

• alien_mothership_explode_center_red
    • alien_props_canister_md_glow2
    • alien_props_canister_xlg
    • alien_props_canister_pieces_md_light
    • alien_laser_red

Second, would it be possible to get:

• two versions of alien_props_canister_md_glow2, one in a strong red and one in a strong blue?
    • a full sized version of alien_mothership_explode_center_red facing upward? The current one appears to be skybox sized and is facing down. Mine would need to fit within a 512x512 and fire upward.

No worries if that can't be done, either due to contest rules or time constraints or whatever, but thought I'd ask.

I'm loving these particles by the way. You did a really incredible job with all of them. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  20. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Someone brought it to my attention: You're free to edit and adjust particles as you wish throughout the grace period, releasing them if you feel that the public at large can use them.

(As in: Do what you need to get the particles everyone wants).

• Thanks Thanks x 3