Been working on this one for a while now, hopefully this goes without a hitch.
Assuming no-one finds any game-breaking bugs, this will be the final update. Thanks to everyone who playtested, especially the people over at potatos mvm who helped a lot with the mission creation process.
- Greatly improved visuals at the 'front' area. It's pretty much a complete rework.
- Tanks can now spawn at gate B
- Sniper bots now spawn in tank tunnel.
- Sentry busters now spawn in gate A.
- Each gate can now be opened separately mid-wave. (Actually, they MUST be opened mid-wave, as they no longer open automatically when a wave starts.)
- Detailing changes to the Distillery and the adjoining flank.
- Optimisation pass, as it seems like past-me forgot what a func_detail was.
- Altered engineer spawn points, and fixed some that were previously non-functional. Also, removed teleporters from engi bots that spawn close to the hatch.
- Fixed several bomb-stuck spots. (What is this, a CS:GO map?)
- Added an extra bomb for those who want it. (You can enable it through second_bomb_enable/second_bomb_enable_ironman, they will be disabled each wave by default.)
- Navigation improvements, mainly around the train. It should now be easier to kill bots with it now.
- Sniper bot improvements. Expect them to be more effective now.
- Altered location of some pickups.
- Moved a fence at the 'front' to the corner of the ramp, in an attempt for better cover.
- Moved the two barrel props at the ramp platform to the main area so snipers don't get fucked over by the new fence placement.
- The 'generator platform' has been replaced by a small building with a window.
- Replaced the awful train sign with a proper, non-train sign.
- Some robot spawn locations in both missions have been changed to work better with the separate gate opening mechanic.
Hopefully, you never saw this coming; as it's your last surprise.
Fun map facts:
(For real though please let me know if anything's broken)
- The map has doubled in file size since A1
- A total of 22 missions have been created (mostly early versions of DD and FF)
- 69 bugs fixed (nice)
- Fastest speedrun is 19:31
- 2136 complaints from Hell-met
- A ton of fucking robots destroyed