WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
And i discovered a major problem with the outer edge... its too steep to simply walk on and you need to jump. It brings the angle from 45 to 90 because i used subdivide for it. I need to change the way it creates the edge using connecting displacements to give it some control.

And that takes at least 1 hour to figure out and 1 hour to try to fix it and get ideas.

Anoying moments when creating something nice.

Make it flat, like the normal Hydro dish

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
And i discovered a major problem with the outer edge... its too steep to simply walk on and you need to jump. It brings the angle from 45 to 90 because i used subdivide for it. I need to change the way it creates the edge using connecting displacements to give it some control.

And that takes at least 1 hour to figure out and 1 hour to try to fix it and get ideas.

Anoying moments when creating something nice.
just clip it

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
HYPETRAIN.gif

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
how'd you get them wires to shake when the train crosses?

Snowbat

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 23, 2013
As I told you on Steam, Alias, you might wanna look into making clipped stairs so that the bots can get out.
Normally, if you make very steep stairs, as long as the steps are not higher than 16 units, it should work.
Other than that, the map looks complex and I like it :)

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Make it flat, like the normal Hydro dish
That was the idea. Now its a circular displacement and thats exactly the problem. It has to be more flat to fit:
dish%20issue.png

Not having the circle is going to give issues at sewing it. Even though i managed to do that at first it still made it have corners and wasnt a good dish anymore. That circle was to cover up the gaps of the displacements while still maintaining a good look. But atm that extra displacement came at a cost.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
-snip-

nothing too special, could be interesting though
animated of course

I can't tell if you put the texture all the way around the capture zone, but if you did, put $nocull on it.

Mar 23, 2010
yeah fish tanks always looked weird for me. by always i mean that one time i made them in that bad koth map.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
What did you do to get it looking like water from the side?

So far all my attempts at a similar idea have been in vain.

2 refract textures that look like tf2 water tied to a func_brush so its nonsolid

water brush that is invisible but acts like water (egan gave it to me awww yea)

and then a transparent texture that is lightblue for the sides on the tank, also a nonsolid funcbrush. best i cold do and it still looks poo