"Broken" Downloads

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Hey guys! Sorry for the downtime. We're experiencing a bit of a blackhole 2.0 situation, so you'll have to bear with us as we try to figure things out.

Long story short: When one staff member tried to organize some the 72HR Jam downloads into their own subforum, an outdated plugin decided that it would take ALL of the downloads on the entire site and remove their metadata. In other words, none of the files were deleted, but the data that tells those files what they belong to is gone forever. We are currently figuring out a solution to re-associate these files, but it will very likely be a while until that happens. The broken plugin has since been updated, and we are looking into making regular backups of this data so that this won't happen again.

The downloads system still works - you can upload attachments just as you always have, and they will be immediately accessible. However, all old files will remain inaccessible until further notice.

We sincerely apologize for any and all inconveniences this has caused, especially in the wake of the hundreds of 72HR Jam entries that were submitted this weekend. Fortunately, entries with external download links were not hurt, so many entries are still intact. We ask that you re-upload your entries if you are able - however, broken downloads will not disqualify you from earning the in-game cosmetic medal.

What this WILL do is cause a delay in us dealing with stuff like medals, the showcase post, and the exhibition game. We ask for patience in regards to this: everything will happen as soon as it can.

We will keep everyone aware of the situation through announcements in this thread. If you need clarification on the situation or have questions, please ask below.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Thanks! Having read about the problem, didn't expect you to get the site itself up this soon.

So, creating new content will be fine, right?

Also: I'm unable to check, but from what I've read drafts haven't been done anything witg either? It matters.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
So, creating new content will be fine, right?

Also: I'm unable to check, but from what I've read drafts haven't been done anything witg either? It matters.

I don't know about drafts. Yes, you can make new things.

Should people update their posts with a working download, or do people have to create a new post to host a working one?

You can make an update exactly like you would have done before. You don't need to change the file or filename, but you do need to change the version number.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
General reminder to everyone to just chill and not panic if any further issues come up. We're doing our best to look into it and will be seeing if we can work towards restoring what was lost.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
If you want help with re-assigning all the stuff to the correct people, I'm willing to help out (just like how people helped when the site migrated to new forum software). If that's possible, of course. I'm willing to bet more people wanna help if you make a thread for it asking for our help.

Last edited:

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Technically, if the file stays the same, name may or may not stay the same. If the file changes, name must change too to prevent errors.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
if my map is _a4 should i keep the filename and change the "version number" in the update to a4_reup or something or do i need to recompile

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Are we allowed to update the map that we made after the 72hr jam to improve it?
Your work during the 72hr period is what is judged to determine whether you qualify to receive a participant's medal. By all means continue to work on your stuff, and post it in a separate thread if you like, or provide an external download for the time being and link to it in your thread, but don't replace the existing entry because it would make it impossible to judge it.

Simulacron

L-3: Simulated Member
aa
Feb 17, 2016
I now this is only a small problem, but what happend to the ability to scroll through the screenshots in the download section? I reuploaded the screenshots, but that didn't fix it. I'm aware that there are much bigger problems now, but I just wanted to inform somebody about htis problem.