WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Nov 2, 2010
The whole area is 1536 Hammer units wide. Here is a Hammer shot with reference HWG :
319431hammershot.png

For me it's the right size : a wide area, but with a range short enough to prevent the snipers from being overpowered.

It needs a spinning fan to cast even more sexy shadows.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
well, you won't see it move much due to being a slideshow, and if you're really lucky, you won't see it move at all when your framerate synchronises with the fan's rotational speed (or one of its harmonics)

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Here's a crudely put together gunship. It travels in a fixed path in this example. If I find a way to make it user controlled then I might add that to its functionality. Here it is in action.

By the way, I'm not sure what kind of game mode to use this for. I was thinking mvm where you could pay credits to fire it on the bomb carrier, since in this example the funship shoots only at the bomb regardless of whether or not it's being held.

I'm not sure but I think tf_point_weapon_mimic can't hurt bots.

Nice. Tried something like that once, but that was before we got proper projectile firing entities :v

96B2B5D798C6FDF97E2E5437DA59072C14A4E593

Nov 2, 2010
Now I want to make a koth map with a zeppelin that shoots rockets at whichever team doesn't have the point at the time.

Stop giving me ideas guys goddammit

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Every time I have cool idea it's already been done.
Heat that idea up... you might end up with a lava idea like lolcano... that lava idea was done far before hightower_event.

Ideas dont allways have to be original, the way you use it should be. If you think you are able to make an earthquake add to the map but not be anoying then it could work. Best remains to tie it to events, so maybe on point capture?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
"T I T & S"

Stay classy, gaming community.