WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Mariner

L2: Junior Member
Jan 16, 2011
Colored lights are bad in TF2, trust me, trust all of these people, because we all have been there.

From what it looks like, it's not even that colored lighting is necessarily bad, but there's no way in hell those tunnels would EVER be that purple, unless it was made of purple stone.

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010

Goombac

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 27, 2010
I've been working on an egypt-themed cp map. A bit of the first stage is in a moonlit desert, and the rest is in a pyramid. I haven't quite decided on a name, yet... perhaps cp_tomb but I know there's already a koth_tomb. I welcome suggestions.
I actually really like the lighting, but yeah not for a TF2 map. But maybe, change the color of the torches, but not make them really that much brighter for the creepy effect, but add some construction lights and wires across the walls and floors as if it's being excavated. That way you keep some of the effect while making everything brighter, and maybe giving some backstory as well.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010

I love Portal 2 debris...

No, it looks like a Zig fence of sorts, that looks like a wood texture.

EDIT: This also reminds me of enterprise, the rental car company with the car wrapped in brown paper. Idk why, just does.

Last edited:

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
It looks to me like a badly decompiled map, or a piece of one.