WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
GYU8T.png

This run of the mill air conditioner looks quite boring doesn't it? Well if you had half the brain I think you don't then you're correct smart consumer. At Dog Tec, we aim to spice up our products

6KKBZ.png

I bring you the all new DOGBREAD AIR CONDITIONER™

Vincent

aa
Sep 5, 2009
If you can't take my word for it, listen to one of our valued customers. Because at Dog Tech, the costumer only matters if they buy! Guaranteed!

Behind You!!!: really? dogbread? as an AC?
CurrentlyFapping [Finn Ω]: Its more likely than you think
Behind You!!! sighs

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
My first thought: Ha, Dogbread is almost unrecognizable when it's upside-down.

My second thought: Hey, Rexy actually used a different texture on the underside even though nobody is likely to ever notice.

My third thought: Hey, Rexy actually used a texture on the underside even though nobody is likely to ever make that side visible.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
crystal_test_01.jpg

Visual tests, nothing more. Trying to get a feel for how I want the model structure to look + shader effects and textures.

Goombac

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 27, 2010
When you described the crystals in your thread, I was picturing the crystals more glowy blue. I guess from the electric properties and self-luminous. Something like this:
blue-laser-crystal.jpg

or
0022_crystal.jpg

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I'd love to have transparency, self-illumination, and refracting shaders all in one material--the current version of the tf2 engine does not support the stacking of these effects (I've come to this conclusion after all the testing). I'm also trying not to go overkill with the color saturation of the glow, otherwise team-specific colors get washed out. I'll look into having more glow in the crystal, frozen.

Last edited:

Batandy

L3: Member
Oct 10, 2010
2r732b7.jpg

déjà vu anyone? :D
I don't know if i should really make the whole E2M2 as a Payload or CP map...
This was first a test of mine to see if i could improve doom textures using the HiRes ones as a base to work in modern games.
As you can see i made bumpmaps for each texture

Last edited:

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
I think It would be better to make a all-new map in Doom's style, so the layout would fit the game mode better.

Vincent

aa
Sep 5, 2009
The RED wood clashes really badly with the BLU metal. I really dislike it I'm sorry to say.
That and I agree with Frozen, the RED sign on all that BLU looks odd.

I love your architecture though.