WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
They can't be just detail areas, through one of those arches is a CP... I'll go have a look for where it could possibly be.

The CP could be overlooking a detail area. I hope he adds glass or something to explain why you can't jump down.

Kazuhira

L2: Junior Member
Jul 2, 2010
all will be explained later today btw you can go into that area in screen shot 2 that leads to the red spawn. both of those screens are not detail areas. screen shot 1 is the outside part of the level the bridge in the middle connects the two buildings there's also another bridge on the lower level. I plan on adding something like the trams from well into the area under the bridges so you can knock people into the trains.

Last edited:

Pc_Madness

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 31, 2009
I dint quite get what that first rule meant exactly so what is considered the Layout change.

Basically, take the Valve map and add textures and props.

As an example: http://forums.tf2maps.net/geek/gars/images/2/2/6/2/artpass_infectedfury0001.jpg

Check out the Contest map forum for more examples. You can build whatever you want outside of the gameplay area (but don't go nuts, since it all effects performance), but the map must play the same as the original Valve map. So no moving CP's or removing buildings, etc.

I think we're all still trying to figure out exactly where the line is between detailing and gameplay changing, but an example of something simple that would still be considered effecting gameplay: http://uppix.net/3/d/7/84bc0e56e525e1712fe97601a3ebd.jpg

Kazuhira

Jul 2, 2010
ok nvm I figured it out I didn't know that there was a base map to go off of well back to the drawing board I guess Ill release this map as a separate project later on then....FAIL

Pc_Madness

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 31, 2009
:p With Station though, add in some more colour, perhaps stripes with the team colours or something like that. All grey is abit boring. :)

Knight-Errant

L3: Member
Mar 12, 2010
Aww, I was trying to be helpful. :(

Pc@ And you said nothing that was out of line from being helpful.

Kazuhira@ As for the changes to the map, I am overwhelmed with trying to figure out if that's just the area is. It makes me think its Blu's new Spawn. Moreover, Kazuhira, if it was just areas of detail outside of the layout, I am greatly impressed.

Last edited:

Kazuhira

Jul 2, 2010
Pc@ And you said nothing that was out of line from being helpful.

Kazuhira@ As for the changes to the map, I am overwhelmed with trying to figure out if that's just the area is. It makes me think its Blu's new Spawn. Moreover, Kazuhira, if it was just areas of detail outside of the layout, I am greatly impressed.

well it came off that way sorry Pc

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
ok nvm I figured it out I didn't know that there was a base map to go off of

So you started building from scratch instead? SAVE THAT MAP THEN. You can still turn it into a real map later on, unrelated to the contest, and I love where it's going so far.