WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Mar 23, 2010
A few pics from my upcoming multistage A/D map, currently undergoing private testing:

i like the conveyor belt, and the layout seems solid. texturing seems a tad bland for me, but i dunno.

tovilovan

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 23, 2008
i like the conveyor belt, and the layout seems solid. texturing seems a tad bland for me, but i dunno.

Thanks for feedback, and of course the textures are subject to change. Detail is pretty much limited to brushwork at the moment, will probably shape up as soon as I have the layout more hammered out. Expect some nice dev textures in the next stage, though :D

alboon

L1: Registered
Jul 31, 2010
hey guys here is some pics of my new map im working on, i think i'll need to add a sniper hut or something to make this map like them but any other feedback like what textures that would fit this place, anything really :)

Overview
cone_barrier_ingame_wBb.jpg

Map Blue side
cone_barrier_overview_Lt0.jpg

Drop down room from Blue spawn
cactus_overview2_3HB.jpg

Cap Point
cactus_overview_GpV.jpg

Coren

Jul 22, 2010
Volcano WIP

A few screenshots of my WIP. Soon to be alpha-like.

Payload in and around a volcano, with a twist: there are a number of invulnerable automated sentries in the caldera, with a control point to decide whose team they are on. The (Caldera Reactor Unmanned Defenses) The sentries run out of ammo, though, so it's not impregnable (fills up if someone captures).

What to do, what to do? Defend the C.R.U.D. control room or stop that pesky bomb?

In order: the caldera (you can see the track between point A and B down below), outside the Blu spawnpoint, and the final point above, and the second outside segment (you can see B and C in that screenshot).

Red gets a serious height advantage in this map, making this an uphill battle (hah!) for Blu.

Notes:
- Screenshots were taken by flying with noclip to get nice vistas.
- Gameplay is in place, but most of the art pass isn't done.
- It's nowhere near as dark outside as it seems. All the areas where players can be are well lit (though it _is_ nighttime outside) but HDR played havoc with my screenshots.
- The cubemaps aren't done. Can you tell? :)

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
Woooooow fix your ambient lighting please! I don't like playing green/yellow fake looking maps. Just use the values used in the official maps.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Hell, or just USE those that are found in official maps. That's 1000% acceptable.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
The middle-ish building looks great, the one with the rock behind it.

thaCURSEDpie

Mar 8, 2010
Working on my first ever map (excluding some goofing around with Timesplitters and Speedy Eggbert :p).

It's gonna be a 5 CP map. Made the basics for the mid in Hammer (though I have to add a whole lot more displacements and right now I suck at them :( )

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Working on my first ever map (excluding some goofing around with Timesplitters and Speedy Eggbert :p).

It's gonna be a 5 CP map. Made the basics for the mid in Hammer (though I have to add a whole lot more displacements and right now I suck at them :( )

Hey that's not looking bad for a first map. ;) Keep it up. :D

thaCURSEDpie

Mar 8, 2010
Hey that's not looking bad for a first map. ;) Keep it up. :D

Thank you :). I'm glad I've got a very critical lil' brother (he also likes glitching :mellow:), so that helps, a bit.

Second point is almost done. I hope it will actually be fun to play :p. But we'll see...

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
@ZPQ: Palm Beach sans palms.