re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
wip of new sunken rocket

D6E7C63B1E006777A089B5A9BEEC33F63BE69541

Spacek531

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2012
The layout looks good but I can't really tell due to the dark lighting. Also, IMO those roofs look really ugly from here with that repeated texture.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
-image with offensive language-

EDIT: just FYI, the above is meant for humour, not hate. And to whoever deleted godling's post, that wasn't the right thing to do - could have replied and commented instead of straight-up censoring.

Would it kill you to not use that word?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009

I wish there were some sort of thing in the Source engine that renders any brushwork or displacements overlapping it invisible and not block lighting. And could be incorporated into models.

What I'm saying is that I wish it were physically possible for that boat to not be full of sand.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
ignore the lighting again, still working on that. also ignore shadows as that is part of lighting. this is way higher than a player will ever be so dont whine about the low detail level on the roofs either god damn it

yes it's optimized too so don't tell me about frame rates

6o4HW.jpg

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
That looks mighty sexy man. A lot better from this more zoomed out angle. Loving the changes to that watch tower.

The only out of place thing (to me) is the wooden structure in the bottom middle of the screenshot, but that's it. I really like that area otherwise.

MetalKev

L2: Junior Member
Mar 5, 2012
Got started on the total redesign of koth_timbercreek I'm doing for the a2 version. It's a start at least.
FNNHjh.jpg

ZOnish.jpg

WwwYQh.jpg

pdFf1h.jpg

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
re:yyler's latest:
what'd you, give up on displacements you lazy FUCKER????? looks great but needs disp transition between rock prop spam and bricks on the right

Tower's fine
Needs trim/more emphasis around C door, looks like a hole in the wall ATM
Like to see a less lazy explanation of the random windows around the point
Still have to break up the concrete-dirt transition. Maybe have that ledge contour around the tower a bit, IDK
Throw some tire-track overlays into that shit too