WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

MarcoPixel

L1: Registered
Apr 22, 2012
You'll also need a water_lod_control somewhere in your map if there's not one already.

Made them already, changed now water texture to 2fort and im waiting for the result (its right now compiling)

Greets,
Marco

EDIT: Still not working, can anyone look into this? Uploaded it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27682432/dam.zip
Need to go, please send me a PM if you got anything :)

Last edited:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
For example, the combination of stone and wood has always been a favorite of mine:

http://cdn.furniturefashion.com/image/2009/04/house with Stone Veneer.jpg

pJ3ws.jpg

0mivq.jpg

Jan 8, 2011
I feel like I've seen that house before in some other game, but don't know which one... L4D or some War FPS shooter.

I think one of the CoD games had a similar map... I played it once at a friend's, but I can't remember.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
The garage/driveway reminds me of Fallingwater. Whoa though.

EDIT: since I have the top post, have a koth_barley

2vhDi.jpg

21:14 - Konata: It's barley passable

Woozlez

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2010
That has an uncanny resemblance to Stage 3, Point B of Dustbowl...

EDIT: Good thing though, it means that it has an acceptable number of paths off relative to good gameplay and you're going to have it repeated on the other side.

Last edited:

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
As a student of Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture, and a local of Bear Run, PA...
tumblr_lor3dshKYC1qhafj6.jpg

Mar 20, 2012
Super strange. I actually was going to post a picture of Fallingwater, but felt it was not really enough stone (outside of the in-built river edge and the chimney). My link was my second choice and something I just found on Google images.

So, this is just something I've been working on over the weekend. All the lighting is temporary (and thus horrid). The map has some snow, but I'm going for a cold, dirty industrial map that sets foundry in a pipeline theme. Well, that's just the idea in my head, but we'll see how it goes. lol

2012042200007.jpg

Mid-point. (Don't mind my displacement helpers)

2012042200006q.jpg

Second. The stone looks a bit out of place - I'm going to play with it once I get to alpha.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Seba pls explain to me how that is like Falling Water because I am not getting it

I feel like I've seen that house before in some other game, but don't know which one... L4D or some War FPS shooter.

I think I played a MW3 map that has a really similar house you can go in, but I dunno if that was even the game I'm thinking of.

Last edited by a moderator:

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
2012042200006q.jpg

Second. The stone looks a bit out of place - I'm going to play with it once I get to alpha.

it looks odd to have the point tucked away in the corner up a huge hill with only one way upthe hill for non-asplosion jumpers. without the rock there's going to bea huge empty patch of flat ground the attackers will have to cross, with the defenders camping out on the point in relative safety.

Mar 20, 2012
it looks odd to have the point tucked away in the corner up a huge hill with only one way upthe hill for non-asplosion jumpers. without the rock there's going to bea huge empty patch of flat ground the attackers will have to cross, with the defenders camping out on the point in relative safety.

It's hard to tell now, but I plan to build an interior to the point. That point is really part of a balcony. There's the beginning of some stairs on lower right-hand side. Thus, there will be two ways to assault (facing different directions) for normal classes and three for demomen/soldiers/scouts (more on scouts later).

It's not even alpha yet, so you can't see it very well.

EDIT: Also, the picture isn't doing the scale justice. I could link a hammer picture - the courtyard below the point is barely 800 units at length from its longest side. The building at the bottom of the picture will be an interior entrance, allowing you to bypass the courtyard at the cost of some time efficiency between 2nd and Mid.

Thanks for the feedback, soylent!

Last edited: