WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
fz0wuh.png
2isv6rm.png

I'm learning how to model. This is based off of the tesla claw weapon from the ratchet and clank series

I still have to detail the claws (and everything else), then I get to venture into the world of UV mapping

The design is different because of 2 reasons. I am not good at modelling, an the original design looks like it would clip though the engineer/be awkward. Should i try to make it like the original anyways?

edit: yea the original design looks way better, gonna change it!

note to self: bottom claw is not thick enough vertically

Last edited:

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Continuing the model combo

s53TD.png

Firing animation:

7hlH7.png

Mar 23, 2010
cp_george_2c0003.jpg

old
cp_george_2c0001.jpg

new
cp_george_2c0002.jpg

GenEn

L1: Registered
Jul 16, 2010
@Prestige: What's up with the single light on the point in the first screenshot?

McNuggetFiend

L3: Member
Jun 22, 2009
On a random note, here's a thought after reading the above post. Reading "Doublecross" made me think it would be cool to have a KoTH map that has the Doublecross visual feel to it. A nice clear night using those building styles. That would be sexy. Doublecross is a pretty map, though I personally think it is quite a bore/chore to play.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I believe Randdalf is making koth_chasm in the doublecross theme.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
on use: blows his arm clean off; bleeds out in seconds

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Fun Fact:: Clowns and Circuses were very popular family attractions in the 1950's
------------
I'm done with the clown.
*All items are one accessory slot, except the hat which is hat slot.
*I pulled the headpiece further down on his head so the hair wouldn't clip as many hats. It only clips a few now and not too badly.
*Added jiggle bones to hair and flower.
* Darkend the feet to go with more of the original art style (less attention to feet), of course this is broken somewhat now with pink scout socks, etc... But I figured bringing down the tone would help. Also changed the main part of boot to black instead of white.
*I expanded the boots a bit so they encompass the original boots better (in case valve doesn't want to seperate pyros feet). There is a tiny bit of clipping on dead bodies, but that's all I could find.
*hat is 256x256 and 402 tris, the accessories are 256x512 and 1052 tris. So I'm not sure about LOD's. I guess I can shave the accessories down by a few hundred by deleting the shoelaces and a coupkle polys on the tie/hair. But is it even worth it?

Still need some names.

clown_done.jpg

Darn, had forgot about this, should I give him 'clown eyebrows"? I meant to do that earlier. Now the uv's would be a bit rough
pyro_eyes.jpg

ColonelBD

L1: Registered
Jan 9, 2010
Continuing the model combo

s53TD.png

Firing animation:

7hlH7.png

Did you parent the nozzel to weapon_bone_1? As I had a simular problem with the dodgy firing animation, and I fixed it by parenting it too the regular weapon_bone. Weapon_bone_1 is used for the trigger only.

Last edited:

Goombac

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 27, 2010
arena_goombac_af50028.jpg

Well, this is my first contribution. After tons of maps barely started, I've made this. Still heavily WiP, I haven't even constructed it all yet. It's an arena map that I may turn koth as well depending how it goes.

It was intended for Assignment Frenzy 5, but I ran out of time due to schedule conflicts and I truly realized how little 350 objects were.

And as a side note, just to be sure, for symmetrical maps is the easiest way to make the other side just to copy, paste and rotate?

Last edited: