WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

GenEn

L1: Registered
Jul 16, 2010
Am I the only one who can't see Goombac's picture? It might be broken.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
You're not the only one, GenEn.

I forget what I parented the whole thing to; I think it was weapon_bone. I'll change it when (if) I feel like working on that again.

Harry

Aug 24, 2011
Here's a very VERY early screenshot of my newest map

PkEzd.png

Please excuse the DX80/All low settings as my Laptop is balls.

GenEn

Jul 16, 2010
@Goombac; working fine now. Looks nice, I like the building geometry, but paths up to the bridge look a little winding and narrow, but that's just from this view. Is it 5CP? Its doesn't look quite symmetrical yet.

And now for the overhauled map of my own that I posted a few pages back but noone will remember whatever.

cpboomtowna30000.jpg

cpboomtowna30003.jpg

I think I'm going to remove the fog that was part of the sky prefab

Moose

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 4, 2009

I actually really like how this looks, but you need a lot more cover. You've got a ton of cool geometry that nobody is going to get to play on because they're being killed before they can exit any doorway into the main area.

also:
2011-08-25_0227.png

what am I doing

EDIT: Everybody is making bridges!

Last edited:

Goombac

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 27, 2010
@Goombac; working fine now. Looks nice, I like the building geometry, but paths up to the bridge look a little winding and narrow, but that's just from this view. Is it 5CP? Its doesn't look quite symmetrical yet.
It's an arena/koth, so only 1CP. That picture was only one half of it.

I actually really like how this looks, but you need a lot more cover. You've got a ton of cool geometry that nobody is going to get to play on because they're being killed before they can exit any doorway into the main area.
Yeah, the sightlines are my biggest problem atm. I think I've fixed them under the bridge, it's just from each side of the map that is giving me a problem.

arena_goombac_af5_both0001.jpg

arena_goombac_af5_both0007.jpg

arena_goombac_af5_both0006.jpg

Under the Point:
arena_goombac_af5_both0005.jpg

Inside Spawn House:
arena_goombac_af5_both0008.jpg

arena_goombac_af5_both0010.jpg

Inside Side House:
arena_goombac_af5_both0003.jpg

arena_goombac_af5_both0004.jpg

Still need to finish construction on both sides, optimize and add more cover and railings and stuff. Oh and are 2 small medkits too much for arena? I kinda think so, but I don't have anywhere better to put one and they're both in the middle of sightlines. And if they're anywhere but the middle of the map I have to have 2.

Last edited:

Goombac

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 27, 2010
arena_goombac_af5_both0001.jpg

just a suggestion, but maybe put doors on both sides where the red is, and have a covered bridge, maybe with some small windows?
that massive sightling has to be broken up somehow

edit: just realised that you wouldnt need them red doors XD

arena_goombac_af5_both0012.jpg

arena_goombac_af5_both0013.jpg

Added the hole in the roof for soldiers and demos, but I may either remove it or add stairs leading up to it if it's too much.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
If anything I would have actually made the outer bridge areas into buildings. That makes the point a lot more enclosed whereas turning the outer bridges into buildings creates a large open arena around the point, something players seem to like.

The buildings would need to be larger than the bridges, but it'd probably be fine.