Sep 14, 2008
itemtest0000.jpg

textured by me

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Yes but they looks fullbright.

I don't know why but the no-snow version doesn't have this problem.

You have to do full compiles for trees to be properly lit. Static prop polys I think?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Make sure that you add the name of the model to the lights.rad, cause there are big areas of transparent polys on those trees, if you don't the whole poly is shading the leaves underneath rather than just the bit of the texture that is actually opaque. (for -textureshadows)

Then of course the obvious: run -staticproppolys and the vertex one I forget the name of. Make use of mat_fullbright 2 to see the actual shading with no texture to see if they ARE acting the strange way you think, or if they just LOOK like they are

Next on the tinker list: self shadowing for vertex lighting as earkham says

Then check normal maps (props don't use vertex lighting if they have a normal map...thanks valve)

3Dnj

Ducks
aa
Dec 21, 2008
Then check normal maps (props don't use vertex lighting if they have a normal map...thanks valve)

Hooo, that explain a lot of things :O

But yeah, it's a full compil with all statictruc in it. i will try to make my own light.rad :)

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
demoman-set-sideview.jpg

sideviews of the primary and first secondary weapons for daimao and i's demoman pack

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Rexy: I usually change the brightness on spot lights to about 100-150, as opposed to 255. Makes them less like "OMG, I'M A LIGHTING EFFECT OVER HERE!". Less visual polution and more subtle; especially against the dark woods where they stick out and stab at your eyes.

EDIT:

pl_batt_grazr_a20002.jpg

pl_batt_grazr_a20003.jpg

Last edited: