WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

BagOfChips

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 7, 2009
What's with the random bulb on the right in the first screenshot, YM? Looks redundant with all the other lighting in the room.

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
Yeah, I'm well aware of the lack of cover atm. I'm trying to come up with better alternatives than sticking crates and grey blocks everywhere like you see in Granary :p

If I can't come up with anything soon I'll just stick some brushes for cover until I can.

displacement hills are a quick and easy way of blocking los. they dont have to be massive, just little mounds

BagOfChips

Feb 7, 2009
I added some placement LOS blockers until I decide what to do about it. Look better?
TqzHs.jpg

Here's an updated overview:
eWqKz.jpg

I may move the second CP indoors for contrast now that I have removed the train.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
very early from hammer:
XNLDl.jpg

you see that there are 2 ways under construction, the plan is, that u can choose what u want, the short way, direct through the canyon or the way to the lift and over the bridge wich is a bit longer, but not in the canyon.

yeah, sure i use dev, just do a little experiment with the stone texture :)

Do realize that if you have two paths, unless both routes are made up of the same number of path_tracks, the HUD won't line up on one of the ways through.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Just toying with detailing.

Nmfls.jpg

97Mti.jpg

Going to move C around a fair bit, try some new ideas. A6 should be out in a year.

Aug 23, 2008
Red bread logo looks alright, but that seems like a good spot for the hanging wooden framework prop, that people put bucks on and such.

edit: lol like the one on the building right behind it

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Red bread logo looks alright, but that seems like a good spot for the hanging wooden framework prop, that people put bucks on and such.

edit: lol like the one on the building right behind it

the logo is too small to begin with but looks odd when it's any larger, so idk

the crane thing could be okay but i dont want to make it nonsolid or clip it for jump classes so idk

BagOfChips

Feb 7, 2009
That barn looks really bland but I assume you already know that.

Edit: oh didn't realize we were on a new page.

Last edited:

C00Kies

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2009
Well I'm pretty happy with how B is going in outpost...for now. So i moved on to A now
Main.jpg

an overview

I have extended the Reds base out to create the new building and hopefully cut down on the major open areas. I still have more to go. I also did some changes towards the beginning of this "stage": added a stair way from the lower valley up and some other stuff. There is a ramp in front of A+B which the cart will slide down if untouched. Still much more to do but I think the main basic layout is ok.

SO...What do yous think?

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I think it looks a bit red. I'd go with making it a tad darker and (possibly? I'm not sure) desaturating it a teensy bit.