[WIP] cp_venice

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

L3: Member
Nov 2, 2008
BTW I'm a bit delayed with the gondola model :( (school). So when do you want them? (I'm pretty busy till X-mas) but i'll do my best to meet any deadline :p

Well, you don't have to rush it. The brush based gondolas will do fine for now. I'm pretty busy right now myself :)

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Will after the payload contest do fine then? :p

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

Nov 2, 2008
Had to dig quite deep to find my map's thread again, but since I now got some time again for mapping again I thought I show you some stuff.

SCREENS

CP2 gets a makeover and is hidden here for faster compiling

CP3 keeps getting prettier and the amount of brushes left keeps getting less :rolleyes:

new stuff coming daily again now :)

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
Very sexy! I noticed that some of my clan mates (unbeknownst to me) had downloaded your map and put it on our private, and were planning to even have a fun little scrim on it. hehehe that gave us a chance to mess around on it some, even though the scrimmage never happened. In any case actually walking around I just get even more excited! I'm loving your progress!! ^_^

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

Nov 2, 2008
The fruits of a very cold morning:

SCREENS

Decided to not give CP2 a complete roof

CP2 is either going to be an old warehouse of some sort or a market. Haven't decided what fits best yet. Whatever it will be I think I can finish it in the evening.

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

Nov 2, 2008
CP2 makeover is finished for today:

SCREENS

back entrance

entrance from CP1

red respwan 2 (upper level)

secondary exit of respwan room

view from above

All in all it needs a lot of details, but for now its shiny :)

------UPDATE------

Last edited:

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
This looks awsome dude, I cant wait for all the final textures and everything to be done :)

FreeLance_FoX

Sep 6, 2008
This keeps getting more and more impressive.

That it is!

I just really hope you don't do the whole thing in that boring, plain, brown wood texture. Even if you do *just* that whole building in it, it would disappoint me! You have all of this fantastic Italian architecture, I really hope you can find some brightly colored textures to match! Your concept is really what you should strive for. :D

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

Nov 2, 2008
This looks like it'll be hell to optimize D: Best of luck

Not really, because roof access is pretty much always blocked. So I Just need to divide the map using skybox/areaportals. But then again...If I detail everything like this then that might not be enough ^^

This keeps getting more and more impressive.

thx

This looks awsome dude, I cant wait for all the final textures and everything to be done

thx

I just really hope you don't do the whole thing in that boring, plain, brown wood texture. Even if you do *just* that whole building in it, it would disappoint me! You have all of this fantastic Italian architecture, I really hope you can find some brightly colored textures to match! Your concept is really what you should strive for.

I won't do everything in the wood style. To be honest I don't think it fits quite that well. I'll try to make everything more like the red-white building.

Got some new ideas from watching "The Italian Job" but didn't have the time yet to turn them into sth that I can show. Maybe tomorrow ;-)

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

Nov 2, 2008
Close to the next alpha

Hey guys,

After 2 days of non-stop java programming I finally had some time for mapping again.

I almost finished CP1's makeover. I'll definately put it on the next gameday ;-)

Screens:

With exams coming up in the next weeks I won't have that much time for mapping though :-(, but after that I have about 5-6 weeks free time :)

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
I think the gondola model will be done next week :)

Pink_Panther

Dec 14, 2008
Nice theme concept. I hope you can make it look like the pictures. You will definatly get hit with a lot of 'its not tf2 textured' and I hope you can ignore those and push forward.

Definatly one I would love to run around in.

laghlagh

Jul 15, 2008
Nice theme concept. I hope you can make it look like the pictures. You will definatly get hit with a lot of 'its not tf2 textured' and I hope you can ignore those and push forward.

Definatly one I would love to run around in.

But it is TF2 textured?

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

Nov 2, 2008
I think the gondola model will be done next week

wonderful

Wow, this map is turning out fantasitical

thx

But it is TF2 textured?

It is now and hopefully it will be in the end too. We'll see :)

spent some more time on red's final cap:

still a bit too big, but I think I can find a way to fill the area.