Why I Stopped Playing TF2

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
As you can read (Well, I guess not. You usually never actually do that) I didn't say anything bad there about them. So what is one to do when so called "Staff" is looking to start shit?

Either way, like it or not they pretty much dictate where the server traffic goes.

*Yellow card on the play*

Christian Troy will be playing the remainder of the match under caution.

[Rx.] Christian Troy

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 23, 2017
Well with the exaggerated usage of "almighty king," "all famous," "eat that shit up," and a winking face at the end of it, it's hard not to take it as condescending.

Or it could just be your usual condescension tainted my perception of it. ;)
Yes it seems you have a problem with reading and comprehension as that post went with someone else's that I quoted. Even if it was bad (which it was not), as we can see by your post staff is leading the example that it is fine to do so.

So what is the next cool move you got there? More post derailing over pettiness?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Yes it seems you have a problem with reading and comprehension as that post went with someone else's that I quoted. Even if it was bad (which it was not), as we can see by your post staff is leading the example that it is fine to do so.

So what is the next cool move you got there? More post derailing over pettiness?
There's a difference between being consistently rude, and being "rude" every once and a while.

Some people have tried to nicely imply that you fall into one of those categories, and people who fall into that category you're in, usually are encouraged to change their attitude.

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
that post went with someone else's that I quoted
This is a forum after all. People are basically meant to interact with each other.

Anyways, I have personally no problem with the MYM update as it has affected me 0%. Which is to say that neither TF2Maps nor MvM has changed. Besides, I actually get matched into servers with more players than I was before.
And come on, the green/gray bars in the map select are basically meaningless.

Kreg

L2: Junior Member
Jun 27, 2016
First off, I feel Crash did misunderstand your statement, Christian, and that maybe there was room for a more thorough examination of your statement on his part. That being the case or not, wow! I don't think Crash was doing anything worth such a reaction, and I certainly don't think he was trying to "start shit."

Free to plays have always had to deal with a lot of flak, so I think it's fair that if Crash had that impression he was not out of line to make a defensive statement. That winky face was also confusing to me. At my first impression, it does seem like a hint of something negative towards the F2P player base.

Can we all just agree to move on here? I think there has been a fair amount of misunderstanding by both parties.

Relating back to the origin of this scenario, my understanding was that Christian was making an elaboration on my statement here:
It's really hard to find a good community server for playing the game without some sort of gimic, such as zombie mod or something.