Where exactly am I suppose to extract the files for the Construction themed Models and textures?

SirLongethDongeth

L1: Registered
Apr 29, 2017
I'm not sure which files go where. I know I have to go to Team Fortress 2 > tf > materials but I am not sure where each file goes. If anyone knows where they go please tell me.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Make a folder in your tf/custom folder, and put the construction pack assets in it like so:
ITtN1ay.png

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
Are you sure you have 'all mods' selected, and have the main MDL files root directory selected in the model browser?

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
AHHH. I remember. don't put the files into custom. that didn't work for me, instead, I extracted into models/{file name} and in that , I put all of the files. I also found you need to put the qcscript and .bat files in there. materials go into materials/models/{file name and then the vtf and vmt.

Attachments

• FileDirections.jpg
    FileDirections.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 192

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
You can actually install custom content in one of two places. This thread explains each method and their pros/cons so you can decide which is easiest for you. If your content still doesn't show up, make sure you've restarted Hammer first, then double check the folder structure and make sure you copied all of the files.