Water problem with cubemap.

Dog.vtf

L1: Registered
Sep 2, 2017
I Build a cubemap and everything else with a reflection stops displaying checkerboard textures.

Except for the water.

Does anyone have a solution?

Mar 23, 2013
Need more information how the water looks like. What water texture did you use for the water and how did you create it

Dog.vtf

Sep 2, 2017
it has the purple and black checkerboard texture when compiling. but when cubemaps are built it's the only thing with reflections that doesn't get rid of the checkerboard texture and does not build a proper reflection

Water texture is water_well

and I made it by creating a no draw brush and putting water on the visible face.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
it has the purple and black checkerboard texture when compiling. but when cubemaps are built it's the only thing with reflections that doesn't get rid of the checkerboard texture and does not build a proper reflection

Water texture is water_well

and I made it by creating a no draw brush and putting water on the visible face.
Did you try another water texture?

Dog.vtf

Sep 2, 2017
Yep. the original water was water_doublecross. my attempt at that was the change to water_well

I've also figured out that I was forgetting to turn off mat_specular. and it turns out cubemaps aren't working at all.

And there's always an error about a skybox or something.