iiF L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    ohh,Nice

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    too many wastes :p

If Valve doesn't announce the next class pack soon, I might release an RC.

3. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    If you do that, if it goes official the filename will be really stupid, like waste_final2.

Why not just stay RC# and after the icons are released still RC#?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    IF it goes official... I can't be guaranteed a slot in the official roster.

I'm probably going to release waste_rc without the icons, and assuming the icons will come with the dual payload map/class pack, it's probably a good time to release waste_final then. It will work well since the update that removes the _final suffix from map names.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  5. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    With the new class pack announced you still plan on releasing van rc, or do you want to release a final version? (an official version :p)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    Assuming it's only a month away, I can live with waiting for the update before I go final. I don't want to bog too many servers and players down with extraneous downloads

Assuming you have the models ready :D

7. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    That's the final month before my final exams -> I'm home most of the time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Cerious

Cerious L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    my explanation was that you should go _rc when you fix all bugs, then _final when the icons are released, and if Valve seems like they'll make the map official you have pl_waste reserved for that occasion. the _final is to denote no more changes will be made.

9. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    Final gameday bump.

Looking for gameplay commentary, particularly between caps 4-5

10. Cerious

Cerious L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    also, on the cart, what is with the button "DISPENSE 3000". it hardly makes any sense, and I really think you should add the "R" to the end of "DISPENSE".

11. lustygoat

lustygoat L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    A friend of mine found an issue - with the arrow signs that pop up when the cart hits one of the middle points (like if the points are numbered 1-5, this would be points 2 and 4) you can run up to the sign and kind of see inside it. He got stuck inside one of the signs once as well.

This map is a huge favorite on my regular server.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    Only problem I saw when we played the PL version yesterday was that once a team gets shot down, before enough people can respawn to stop the other team, the Bob (inside joke from the gameday) goes ZOOOOOOOOOOM and is immediately in favor of whoever is pushing it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I noticed it too. How I manage the different versions of waste is just to update one version and port it over to the others. Seems I just made a mistake regarding signs. Being able to walk through them prevents you from being stuck, but I must have accidentally renabled the collision on the posts. Fixed for final.

This isn't always the case, but when the teams are stacked, valve 5cp maps play the same way.

And trust me, we were STACKED like crazy. Too bad I didn't have rcon or I would have scrambled the teams.

14. Void

Positive Ratings:
    Played it last night for a few minutes with one other guy to try to exploit things.

We were hopping around the center point, neither of us captured the point yet. The other guy was a Heavy, me, a Scout. We just stood around the cart. It just constantly healed us. I moved away, and the cart still didn't move, but I went back and it said "Leo (the other guy) defended insert name of central point I can't remember." It didn't heal me anymore, but it never moved for Leo. The round eventually ended after a few more minutes of standing around the cart, nomming Sandviches and gulping Bonks. The next round, the problem seemed fixed and the cart moved.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    It acts as a Capture Point in the beginning with a 1-second capture time.

Unless, you mean, the cart failed to move at all?

16. Void

Positive Ratings:
    It didn't move at all.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    I've never seen this before, the payload system was flawless... I'll try to reproduce it.

If you can reproduce it, please try recording a demo for me.

18. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    Question to regular players:

How often does the map go into Stalemate/Sudden Death? How long do rounds usually last?

19. PMAvers

PMAvers L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've run it a decent amount on my server, and I don't think I've ever seen a stalemate with b4. The rounds may go ten minutes, but eventually the attacking team will get a push together and get it in the hole.

Time-wise, I think it depends if the offensive team's on a steamroll or not. If they are, the bomb cart doesn't stop from the beginning and will go straight into the enemy base for the win. If they aren't, it seems like it'll go around ten minutes or so. The "defense" team will often get the bomb pushed back up to the center point, and then the team that was on "offense" will have respawned and gotten back to the middle to take the bomb back.

Don't think I've seen a actual "defensive" rally for a win yet, or at least in a while.

20. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    then I'm worrying too much then :)