Resource icon

[VScript] give_tf_weapon GTFW is now Retired

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018
Yaki updated [VScript] give_tf_weapon with a new update entry:

• Fixed GiveWeapon() PostWepFix_Override replacing the table outright instead of modifying it.
  • Fixes for Passive items ("tf_wearable")
    • Added check for passive weapon slots >7 to check for other passive items
    • Added fix for "tf_wearable" by changing the classname to "tf_wearable_vs".
    • Fixed bug with custom wearable would not have the correct item ID
  • Fixes for SwitchToBest()
    • Added 0.01 delay for SwitchToBest() for weapon switching (due to bug with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018

• Fixed custom weapon viewmodels from not playing animations
    • This was due to an netprop model override "m_nModelIndexOverrides" being set for custom third person model. While it fixes crit glows, it also breaks viewmodel animations. Good to know!
    • The fix here was using the old method: Having a custom "tf_wearable" for third person models. Taunting and third person modes display correctly in this version.
  • Added "worldspawn" to GTFW_Cleanup
  • Fixed custom fists...

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018

5.4.0 Major Update

This update is pretty important. It makes use of A LOT of Squirrel techniques I've learned since I first started this project. This might not be the best-written vscript since it first came out, but hey I'm trying to make it valuable!

Anyway, enough rambling. We have bug fixes and new features to talk about!

• Please be sure to read "give_tf_weapon/_master.nut" because you need it if you intend to integrate this script into your own projects.
  • It has a lot of modular features...

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018

retirement of GTFW

Hey everybody,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I believe the time is right to say: I am now retiring GTFW.

TF2's VScript has had enough time to develop. I believe the TF2 Community now have enough experience to be able to make their own, better custom weapon scripts.

Brief history: GTFW was my first time testing the waters of a written coded language. It ended up getting into TF2 by Heaven's grace (@LizardOfOz for VSH, and Valve). Big thanks to...