***Unofficial 72 hours mapping mini contest***

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Actually I'm going to back out. My map really isn't shaping up as well as I would have liked, and at this point I'd rather save the extra time. Sorry. :\

But good luck to the people who are following through, it'll be fun to play the maps at the end.

Feb 14, 2008
3 days is too short a time I think. A week would have been more appropriate, but whatevs.

Geal

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 16, 2009
3 days is too short a time I think. A week would have been more appropriate, but whatevs.

I think it's fine. My map's pretty much done and playable. I'll probably spend tomorrow replacing dev textures with actual ones, but I dunno. I've never been a fan of textured but not fully detailed maps.

However, I think a bit more warning would have been nice. Give maybe a week or so of a heads-up, so people can attempt to clear their schedules.

Also, when will the upload thread be up? I have class monday morning and may not be able to submit it before the deadline on that day. Well I guess I could submit it before I leave for class, but just to be sure.

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
Well at this point I'm woefully behind where I wanted to be, so I have the option of just forging ahead and setting up all the gameplay logic and stuff or fix up the layout and hope I have time for simple lighting and logic later. Or I could go play some games.

Nov 14, 2009
Well at this point I'm woefully behind where I wanted to be, so I have the option of just forging ahead and setting up all the gameplay logic and stuff or fix up the layout and hope I have time for simple lighting and logic later. Or I could go play some games.

*cough*ABS prefab pack*cough*

Nov 14, 2009
Im thinking instead of mirroring my map, to rotate it. Oh well.

Scratch that. Mirroring is so much cooler than rotating that I would rather have a mirrored map than lighting! So there!

Last edited:

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Just wanna say that this competition is exhausting so far... and since everyone is doing it here is my http://www.livestream.com/ravidge stream.
There should be plenty in the on demand library.

I had a good pace in the beginning, but now it's just a mental anguish trying to come up with something original.

Nov 14, 2009
I would livecast myself mapping, but my internet studders just watching livecasts!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I hope no-one minds that I added a non-AI bot so I could spawn in my arena map...

I believe that is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. there's bots, and then there's bots.

Besides, it's the only way to test arena maps without a server plugin.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
Nov 14, 2009
Considering that there are so many maps, how is this going to work? Prelims? A week of playtests? Who are the judges? Is detailing going to count?