Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

A bunch of stuff to help you map efficiently.

1. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    What? Forever? :( I'm fast. I drop all my mapping projects to work on getting the updates out for you :mad:

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  2. BagOfChips

BagOfChips L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm just kidding. It's a parody of some thread I saw on the steam forums.

3. JoshuaC

JoshuaC L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for giving us the mapping support Valve won't. It's really appreciated. :D

4. Bob Ross

Bob Ross L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    this is cool but i loathe the teamspawn model with a passion. any way to get rid of it?

5. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
  6. Bob Ross

Bob Ross L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    nothing personal. it just sort of creeps me out. and i rather like the weird gordon freeman.

7. Forthex

Forthex L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Can I request an icon for logic_branch_listener?

8. Westerhound

Westerhound L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Coould you put a small skip arrow or comment to the propereties of the Hydro-signs to which point they point by default, or if you chose skip just group to the sign so it would stick :)

9. TheGuardian001

TheGuardian001 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Nicely done. It's nice to have the entities work properly by default, and I like the prefabs (I hate making doors...).

I have one question though. Is there any way to enable afterburn damage on the Ignite damage type?

10. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    I thought I had a comment on there, I'll make sure to add it now though. For reference until then, the arrow points down the green axis line (the red/green/blue axis marks that show when you select a prop)
    No, most of the damage types are half broken because they weren't really meant to be used on the trigger_hurt, so as it is that's all you get. I am still trying to look into possibilities for full ignition (and extinguishing)

11. Scotland Tom

Scotland Tom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Dear sweet mother of God... I haven't even touched hammer in months and now, when I come back to give it a go again, I find this ridiculously incredible and unfathomably righteous resource! A Boojum Snark, I hereby bestow upon you the "this is the best thing I've ever seen on the internet in the history of forever, period" award that I just made up.

12. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    Shipped an update. Adds in all the recent I/O additions valve has made along with a few fixes. As usual see first post for details.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. rimlanin

rimlanin L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, im am a mapping noob, i just wanted to ask how do i copy from one map and paste in another, because i see it installs map files rather than prefabs. So how do i do this? :)

14. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    Hammer is a multi-document program just like Word or Photoshop. Just open the VMF and copy it, switch to your map, paste.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. rimlanin

Positive Ratings:
    So i can just click copy on it and click paste on my map?

And how do i open two hammer tabs? Or do i open two windows?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  16. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    Hammer's format is to use a window-inside-a-window, an MDI interface. (Yes, grammarians, that's like saying "PIN number".)

Example:
    [​IMG]

You can open two maps (From File-Open) and have two separate internal windows floating about, both corralled inside the main hammer window and independently maximizable/minimizable/resizable.

An annoyance with how Valve did it: Each sub-window has it's own tool mode (ex. Camera / Select from the far left bar), but it automatically switches when your mouse goes over the respective map window... In a nutshell, I recommend you always have each internal-map-window maximized as big as it goes, and to swap between them use the "Window..." menu at the top.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  17. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    What he said, but Ctrl+Tab also works for switching between documents (as it does in all other programs like that).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Dance

Dance L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Boojum, I would like to say thanks for this awesome pack. It's saved me time and I still have hair on my head.

Thanks
    Jake

19. rimlanin

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you very much! I did it and now mapping got 10 times easyer. :)

20. Blue552

Blue552 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just starting to move on from L4D maps to TF2 maps, perfect thing to get me started as I don't know my way around all the objective type things.

Thanks heaps dude.

Hey Maybe later you could release a texture library, all the textures are mixed in with other ones and would be real cool if you could have a giant block of just TF2 wood textures, another for metal, ground etc.