two things spawn room and number of control points.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Little Dude, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Little Dude

Little Dude L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys. I'm currently working on a map that has both the blue team and red team spawning in the same place when I don't want them to so can anyone help? And also how many control points can you have in a map?

LD

2. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    hmm...the 1st problem could be a number of things, most likely is that you should set the info_player_teamspawn enties to be either red or blue

i believe you can have 8 total (might be 9...either 8 or 9), though im sure someone will show up and explain the trick of reusing them if you decide you need more then 8

3. Little Dude

Positive Ratings:
    well the wierd thing is is that they are set to red and blue. so should I just remake the spawn?

4. Altaco

Altaco L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm actually having a similar problem. For some odd reason, blue spawns in the red spawn room.

5. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    If you have a team_control_point_round in your map, you must specify it in the "Blu spawn for round" or "red spawn for round" parameter.

6. Earl

Earl L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've noticed that sometimes info_teamspawn entities just fuck up for no apparent reason. Just delete them and remake them.

7. Psyphil

Psyphil L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've had this problem too, really annoying.

You can have max 8 control points as MrAlBobo said.

8. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Place info_player_spawn entities 8 units above the ground and 64 away from all walls.

9. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Had the problem on my map too blue spawning in reds spawn - even though it said the red blue thing.

Will give you the coding when I go home basically it's like this:

Spawn room - red or blue
    Team Red or Blue

Associated_CP point (or something like this and what I have to check) enter in the name of the 1st CP - if red and the last CP if blue or vice versa.

Round ... A, B, C, etc name it

When you name both the round and yhe associated spawn point you will always spawn at the right strating point 0-)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  10. Little Dude

Positive Ratings:
    is there a way that you can make a control point that is not necessary to win? Kinda like Steel.

11. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
  12. Little Dude

Positive Ratings:
    hey. does anyone know what this mean?
    info_player_teamspawn failed to find control point round named blue_respawn_1
    info_player_teamspawn failed to find control point round named red_spawnroom_01
    It appears in the console when I join a team and when the round first starts

LD

13. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    It looks like you have a bad I/O connection. Check your inputs and outputs and make sure the names match the referenced entities etc.