traintrain

CP traintrain a2

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Thomas-Approves.jpg
This Really cool concept! It did take me a while to realize what was going on though. What i would suggest for later versions are custom signs or voice overs that kinda explain whats going on.

Also, this place needs some kinda clipping bridge, its annoying to get stuck in. Its only a suggestion though.
cp_traintrain_a10000.jpg

yellow_

L1: Registered
Apr 10, 2018
Cool concept. The layout on B is boring though, and so is walking to each point. I don't know what you can do about that though.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Cool concept. The layout on B is boring though, and so is walking to each point. I don't know what you can do about that though.
Yeah that was occurring to me too. I reckon I'll just reduce the size of the map overall. I have some ideas on how I can do that.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
General:
* added custom voice lines recorded by Mikroscopic!
* compressed the map to reduce walk times
* changed some routes to accomodate
* disabled collisions on doorframes to stop players from standing on them (I'll clip them properly later, promise)

Train:
* lowered the train's speed as it's moving between points, and increased its speed when it leaves/enters the map
* the train will no longer kill you if it is moving slowly
* added tf_glow to make the train's (well, the middle of it, due to technical limitations) outline show up through walls, to hopefully guide players toward it better
* fixed the train making a sound implying it's moving very quickly when it is in fact standing still
* the train now destroys Engineer buildings

Point B:
* lit up area B

Spawns:
* rotated spawns to face the current active point (which caused this to happen)
* added small lights to each spawn door to indicate which point is currently active

imgur gallery

Read the rest of this update entry...