Walkway

TR tr_walkway RC2

thespyisfreeman

L1: Registered
Nov 10, 2010
The map isn't working for me. I followed the install instructions exactly, and whenever I try to put "map tr_walkway_rc" into the dev console, I get this message: "CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'maps/tr_walkway_rc2.bsp'
map load failed: tr_walkway_rc2 not found or invalid"

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
The map isn't working for me. I followed the install instructions exactly, and whenever I try to put "map tr_walkway_rc" into the dev console, I get this message: "CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'maps/tr_walkway_rc2.bsp'
map load failed: tr_walkway_rc2 not found or invalid"

According to that, you're trying to load rc2, which is the one that doesn't work. See if you're accidentally adding "2" to the end when typing the name in. Try going to "Create Server" and scrolling down to "tr_walkway_rc" to start it that way if the console really, truly won't do it for some reason. If it's not in the map list there, chances are you installed something incorrectly.

Harpo_53

L2: Junior Member
Apr 24, 2010
cp_steel-fixb.jpg

They will. Hopefully.

Biae

Feb 15, 2011
I just dowloaded this map because I sorely need practice to improve, but even though I followed all the instructions, I just get a message saying "PENDING: (fs) tr_walkway_rc2.bsp". What does this message mean exactly?

Shiko

Feb 24, 2011
Hey guys.

I like this map very much, but I found 2 bugs on this map, one isn't as important, the second is.

First, the Flamethrower in the class choosing options is a huge error block. I guess it's name got changed.
Second, you can't spawn Heavy-only anymore. It's very likely because his name got changed in the scripts, he's no more called Heavyweapons, but only Heavy.

So I hope these get fixed soon, because i want to try some things with Heavys.

XTRMN8

Aug 1, 2011
Halp! I'm a noob!

This is getting frustrating. Where to begin? I'm a relatively new player to TF2 (to put it lightly) and I have TERRIBLE aim. I couldn't headshot a Heavy if he was standing still. (I still can't.) So I heard about this, and I thought it would be great. Until I installed it. When I try to open the map with the developer console, it would just say PENDING: and do nothing. So I created a new server with the map and joined. The stairs appear not to have collisions, for I can pass right through them. The bots also fail to spawn. The console keeps saying something like "failed to create bot" and I can't do anything with this map. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, one of the weapons in the Control Room is replaced with a big word of "ERROR". Not to mention that the .bsp does NOT have the Half-Life 2 logo.

Also, about your Readme...
WHAT TF FOLDER!?
There is no TF folder in your .rar

The readme CLEARLY states that:
"Copy the tf folder from this rar into

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<youraccoutname>\team fortress 2\

Replace <YOURSTEAMID> with your steamID, the one you log in with

It should merge with the existing tf folder in that location, it will not erase the content in
the folder

To play it, open TF2, press "Create server" and in map choose "tr_walkway_rc". Be sure to
choose to have more than 17 players slots so the bots can join.
JOIN THE RED TEAM"

Last edited:

n00b

Aug 13, 2011
I'm having a problem... When I ran "maps tr_walkway_rc2" (without quotes) in console, it just says:
---------------------
PENDING

how do I start playing??

n00b

Aug 13, 2011
In addition, when I try to create a new server, it doesnt show up on the map list. please halp!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
The command is map mapname, not maps.

Map list where, in the server browser? Make sure your ports are forwarded.

And please use the Edit key.

n00b

Aug 13, 2011
okay I got it to work :D but im sad theres no option in the control room for making them spawn in a straight line... or is there?

Verumae

Jun 16, 2011
okay I got it to work :D but im sad theres no option in the control room for making them spawn in a straight line... or is there?
Go by the controls for the launch pad. You should see a sign to spawn bots on the launch pad, a left arrow, a stop sign, a right arrow, and a "random spawn position" button. Shoot the "Random spawn position" button once and they'll spawn in a straight line.