Walkway

TR tr_walkway RC2

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
This is just sheer brilliance.

Nov 14, 2009
Agreed. This map is amazing.
I do, however get a weird bug where I can walk through and over props. Does anyone else get this, or is it just me? I have tried verifying cache, etc...

EDIT: Also, Bots dont spawn, and I get an error message in console...

AnotherEdit: There is no TF file in my rar...

Last edit of all time: NEVERMIND: I was setting the server up for 1 player, not 18+
LOL I AM AN IDIOT!

Last edited:

Boonsaw

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2008
Agreed. This map is amazing.
I do, however get a weird bug where I can walk through and over props. Does anyone else get this, or is it just me? I have tried verifying cache, etc...

EDIT: Also, Bots dont spawn, and I get an error message in console...

AnotherEdit: There is no TF file in my rar...

Last edit of all time: NEVERMIND: I was setting the server up for 1 player, not 18+
LOL I AM AN IDIOT!

Haha I actually did the same thing at first :blushing:

wiseguy149

Emperor of Entities and Amateur of Aesthetics
May 12, 2009
The new RC2 rar file does not have the correct folder structure, so the instructions on how to install do not work.

Also, the old one had a few more files.
Is this really the complete new version?

Yeah, we pakrat'ed everything into the bsp except for the bot count cfg which obviously needs to be accessible and changeable by the user.

Timusius

Jan 9, 2010
Thats great. Its easier with a few files instead of the mess it was before :)

But still, some people might get a bit confused when they unzip both files into /tf/ and no maps show up in game :)

But then again... it's not rocket science to figure out that the bsp goes into /maps/, and the cfg into /cfg/ :D

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Might I suggest that once the map has been running for 10 minutes that the map suggests trying out the rsoldier game. It's quite fun.

mnyfrsh

Jun 15, 2010
I dunno if the Easter egg was worth the extra half hour I killed bots after I was done but it was pretty good.

Set-up is amazing, the whole 'shoot for (x) option) is a stroke of genius.

Harpo_53

L2: Junior Member
Apr 24, 2010
I don't want to steal industry secrets, but can you PLEASE tell me how you got the func_regenerate to be silent? Is it as simple as a custom sound that I missed, or is it a part of the entity?

Cyberdalek

Jul 24, 2010
Nice! well... see ya later!
0926-angel.jpg

royalkiller

Jun 5, 2010
That map changed my Team Fortress Life! Finally I got a nice place to train.
Many thanks, guys. Good work!

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
I think the Manconomy update Broke Walkway.

I've tried re-downloading it but it's not working.

Edit: Console says this.

Code:
] map tr_walkway_rc2
Executing listen server config file
SoundEmitter:  adding map sound overrides from maps\tr_walkway_rc2_level_sounds.txt [2 total, 2 replacements, 0 duplicated replacements]
Warning:  Table modelprecache is full, can't add models/props_2fort/groundlight001.mdl
exec: couldn't exec listenserver.cfg
exec: couldn't exec tr_walkway_rc2.cfg

Host_Error: CVEngineServer::PrecacheModel: 'models/props_2fort/groundlight001.mdl' overflow, too many models

Last edited:

Harpo_53

L2: Junior Member
Apr 24, 2010
Mann-conomy actually broke several maps of mine, and all of them seem to be ones that have either a high amount of props or a high amount of entities in general.

wiseguy149

Emperor of Entities and Amateur of Aesthetics
May 12, 2009
Just to let everyone know, we realize that walkway is currently broken and we're trying to get a fixed version out as soon as we can. Be patient!