Thursday Night Fights - 9v9 Highlander

What game-mode would you like to play this week?

• 5CP

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • KoTH

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • PL

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • CP A/D

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
I would rather Viaduct over badlands, if you think it will bring in more people we can use the pro version which I already put on the server for the koth casual event. or how about koth_coldfront as that's at least kinda official being it uses the same layout as the 5cp version. (that's also already on the server)

MattKnight

L1: Registered
Jun 18, 2011
I would love to join in as either a sniper, soldier, or medic, but I have class on Thursday nights from 5-8pm CST. Oh well, best of luck to all.

Mar 23, 2010
lakeside is usually the koth played in highlander because of the size.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
I'm gonna yell at you if you use dustbowl for a/d.

Seriously. That's a GREAT way to waste two hours.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Alright, sorry for the double post.

My girlfriend has the flu ( :( ) ... The event is still going on, but it might just be like 15 minutes behind schedule.

DO NOT HAVE AN IMPROMPTU AROUND THE TIME OF 6PM EST. OR HAVE ONE THAT WILL CROSS INTO THAT TIME (please :) )

We will be playing koth_lakeside and cp_foundry.

The Lobby will be public, I will post in chat, then in an event. Come when you see it. Non-tf2m people will be able to see it and join. I will kick non-tf2m people if space is needed. No reservations on class/team... like I said though, you can request for a spot/class, but don't cry if someone takes it.

This week only: will be stock maps, and no whitelist.
NEXT WEEK: Custom maps and ugc whitelist.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Thanks everyone for joining up.

For next week, what I'm thinking is a stock map and a custom map. Use a stock map to "warm up" and then a custom map for testing.

For public/private. I want to keep it open to public... but I will start with a private event next week. If it doesn't fill up quickly, we can go back to public. (So we can try privates, and see if we can get enough people. If we don't, we're going public)

For map testing submissions, I'm not sure what to do, since we could probably only do 1 or 2 customs. I think I'll make a thread for the event pretty early on and then voting can take place for who we play if there is more than 2.

Also, is this a good time for people? I know it is going to be majority US players (Sorry EU, I will do stuff for you as soon as my time schedule allows) I can bump it back like maybe 1 to 1.5 hours. But the more we bump back, the less rounds I can host (ie, if we start at 8EST I can do 2 rounds. If we start at the time we did this week -6pm EST- I can do 3 maybe 4 rounds.)

Again, thanks for joining and participating. I'm going to try and do this as a weekly thing (assuming my schedule allows) so we can start having regular competitive testing.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
He complained about his Familiar Fez not working because of an item whitelist...?

Also he did really (well okay only kinda) badly haha

Last edited:

MetalKev

L2: Junior Member
Mar 5, 2012
In fairness though he was messing around with the YER which he never does in highlander.
I like the starting private idea frozen, looking forward to next week.

MetalKev

Mar 5, 2012
if we do A/D maps next week what about furnace creek or desertion? I've only walked through the maps, never played them, and would like to try them out.
For 5 cp, I'll request crossroads for the same reason.
Since I've never played any of these if they don't play well or people don't like them then thats cool.

MetalKev

Mar 5, 2012
My mistake frozen, I misunderstood you. In that case I'd request pl_escarpment, cp_hella or cp_stoneyridge. Again, just spitballing ideas.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Man, who is this guy that loves me?

Actually I'm going to start doing a lot of Hella highlanders, but if you want to do them here I'd like that too, of course.